Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• cat said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    cat said:
    Good morning,

My floor is finally going in! Was supposed to be last Thurs, they rescheduled for yesterday and no one showed up. 🤔🙄 Called and was told they would be here first thing this morning. They showed up at 9. So excited to see when it's done. And excited to get stuff put back, all the furniture is piled up in the kitchen and a little in the kids' bedrooms. Have not been able to get to my sink or stove since Sunday night. But we did leave a path to the fridge. 😆 

Bad thing about it being today is Ali's last track meet is today and have to be here so will miss it. Unless she gets picked to go to regionals but as a freshman that is unlikely. 

Scott goes in for that test on Thursday morning. Will let you guys know! My dad is still being fairly uncommunicative...but he is busy getting corn planted, too. I just worry. 

Hope everyone has a good day. Big hugs and positive vibes to all! ❤
    ....keep me posted on testing Cat.....hopes & hugs.... <3
    GNTLGNT said:
    cat said:
    Floor is about half done. 

They got here at 9, had carpet ripped out by 10. Then there was an "issue" with a small 3" long spot they said the moisture content was too high. That took an hour to sort out, then they took an hour lunch. Then did half the floor and left again, without saying a word...it is creeping up on them being gone an hour again. 

What they have done looks good, but with all the scheduling bs and no shows, and now disappearing...not very impressed. Their tools are still here, otherwise I'd be wondering if they were coming back. 🙄🙄🙄
    .....be vigilant on the billing.....I would raise particular hell myself for that kind of sloppy ass work ethic.....
    Will do on the testing. 🙂❤ 

And yeah, we paid for installation with the materials through Home Depot, so we really have no say in their work ethic at this point...but, lesson learned. Next time, we will buy materials only and find our own independent contractor to do installation. 

They are still here, it is 5:06 pm my time. I have a 308 Sq ft living room. It is not big and not many weird corners/cuts. They told Scott this morning 4 hours. Am I wrong to be having The Money Pit flashes??? "2 weeks!" "2 weeks!" 

🤣🤣 

They should be about done...
    ....nope, I’d be hitting them up for a partial refund...they are hired by Home Depot, and that store needs to know how crappy they are...
    catMarshaFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • Good luck with the refund, Cat. I dont know how it is in the states but i have a feeling you need it. As long as the work in itself isn't subpar of course.
     I'm still awake here after a sleepless night, according to plan, here and hope to stay awake 7 more hours...  Watched The Innocent, a miniseries on netflix, that was quite good and quickly passed the hours. Made in spain with spanish actors but based on a story by Harlan Coben. Just as twisty as can be expected from him.
    FlakeNoirNotarocatHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    Good luck with the refund, Cat. I dont know how it is in the states but i have a feeling you need it. As long as the work in itself isn't subpar of course.
     I'm still awake here after a sleepless night, according to plan, here and hope to stay awake 7 more hours...  Watched The Innocent, a miniseries on netflix, that was quite good and quickly passed the hours. Made in spain with spanish actors but based on a story by Harlan Coben. Just as twisty as can be expected from him.
    Hang in there Kurben, you can do this! 😊
    NotarocatKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • I echo what Flakes said Kurben, I'm well used to insomnia and lack of sleep, hang in there buddy you'll make it. 
    FlakeNoircatKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • Today i got my time for my Vaccine shot. Im in line on Monday morning. Finally!!
    catNotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirMarshadoyoulove19Neesy
  • Kurben said:
    Today i got my time for my Vaccine shot. Im in line on Monday morning. Finally!!
    covid vaccine Memes  GIFs - Imgflip
    NotaroHedda GablerMarshaKurbencatNeesy
  • Happy Mother's Day to everyone that has ever loved and cared for a child. 💜💚❤⚘
    catGNTLGNTMarshaKurbendoyoulove19Hedda GablerNeesy
  • ....I miss you Mom.....love always..... <3

Mothers day memorial remembering mum in loving memory  Etsy
    MarshaFlakeNoirdoyoulove19catHedda Gablerghost19Neesy
  • ...and to wife....Tracy is not my Mom, but her nurturing spirit and patient heart have kept me a more or less decent fella lo these many years....as a mother, she never gave up on her kids-through overdoses, jail time, financial issues and more....that kind of strength and resilience I could only hope for.....you're amazing sweetheart.....
    KurbenFlakeNoirdoyoulove19catMarshaHedda Gablerghost19NeesyNotaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...and to wife....Tracy is not my Mom, but her nurturing spirit and patient heart have kept me a more or less decent fella lo these many years....as a mother, she never gave up on her kids-through overdoses, jail time, financial issues and more....that kind of strength and resilience I could only hope for.....you're amazing sweetheart.....

It's nice to read this - Tracy is a lucky woman

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirMarshaHedda GablerKurbenNotarodoyoulove19cat
  • Neesy said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ...and to wife....Tracy is not my Mom, but her nurturing spirit and patient heart have kept me a more or less decent fella lo these many years....as a mother, she never gave up on her kids-through overdoses, jail time, financial issues and more....that kind of strength and resilience I could only hope for.....you're amazing sweetheart.....

It's nice to read this - Tracy is a lucky woman

....I don't know about all that....many many mistakes have been made by yours truly and lots of things done that I regret-but nonetheless, thank you....
    FlakeNoirMarshaHedda GablerKurbenNotaroNeesydoyoulove19cat
  • I was stupid today. Was making myself some lunch, crepes with ham and melted cheese and was just about to tuck in when i decided to add some spice. A little garlic i thought and a little pepper. And then i unscrewed the cap (i thought it had a filter underneath) and drenched my lunch in a mountain of pepper. The filter was built in in the cap. I should have checked of course. I had to redo it but i finally got some food inside me.
    Notaronot_nadineNeesyFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarshaHedda Gablercat
  • Kurben said:
    I was stupid today. Was making myself some lunch, crepes with ham and melted cheese and was just about to tuck in when i decided to add some spice. A little garlic i thought and a little pepper. And then i unscrewed the cap (i thought it had a filter underneath) and drenched my lunch in a mountain of pepper. The filter was built in in the cap. I should have checked of course. I had to redo it but i finally got some food inside me.

Well that sucks!

I made some basmati rice recently and I'm just trying to find a good recipe to use up the leftover rice.

There's one I found online for a Parmesan rice cake that looks good - will try that today

(sorry to hear about your kitchen mishap)

KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarshaHedda Gablercat
  • Kurben said:
    I was stupid today. Was making myself some lunch, crepes with ham and melted cheese and was just about to tuck in when i decided to add some spice. A little garlic i thought and a little pepper. And then i unscrewed the cap (i thought it had a filter underneath) and drenched my lunch in a mountain of pepper. The filter was built in in the cap. I should have checked of course. I had to redo it but i finally got some food inside me.
    ...vacum cleaner woulda done it....

Someone used a vacuum cleaner to remove extra pepper from poached egg Then  this happened  Hindustan Times
    NotaroKurbenMarshadoyoulove19Hedda Gablercat
  • Apparently today is my one year anniversary joining this board.   Have some cake on me!

Kurbencatghost19NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirMarshaHedda GablerNeesy
  • Apparently today is my one year anniversary joining this board.   Have some cake on me!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

ACDC Have A Drink On Me Square Coaster Set  Shop the ACDC Official Store

doyoulove19NotaroGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirMarshaHedda GablerNeesy
  • OK, Tet, I have a need.  Our dog, Csonka is not doing great.  I am going to put most of this in a spoiler, so if it will upset you, you can skip and just send good thoughts.  If you can read, I am looking for advice.

Back in November, he started getting extremely lethargic and having trouble getting around. Vet determined he had diabeties, so in December, we started him on insulin 2x daily. He's a big dog (80+ lbs). He is also on a prescription dog food. At first, that was all making a big difference and he was doing much better. Now, however with the diabeties comes the stumbling/loss of coordination, and his cateracts have gotten much worse, to the point that he can't see at all. We live in a rancher, but there are steps to get out in the back yard and steps to get from the kitchen to the den to go out of the garage into the front yard. He does ok on the den steps because they are carpeted, but since yesterday, when he got turned around outside and had a really hard time getting back inside, he is refusing to go out the back steps. He spends most of his day sleeping, however he still gets excited about meals, and frequently asks for a treat in his Kong. He has lost alot of weight, sometimes seems very confused, and when he runs into something/loses his way around the house, he acts really sad. Hubby fights back tears everytime this happens. My daughter is about the same. He still occasionally wants to play and he still knows it's us, and gets excited when we come around. I just am not sure it's time to say goodbye yet, because of those things. Opinions and good wishes appreciated. Love and green lights. T

catFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • edited May 2021
    OK, Tet, I have a need.  Our dog, Csonka is not doing great.  I am going to put most of this in a spoiler, so if it will upset you, you can skip and just send good thoughts.  If you can read, I am looking for advice.

Back in November, he started getting extremely lethargic and having trouble getting around. Vet determined he had diabeties, so in December, we started him on insulin 2x daily. He's a big dog (80+ lbs). He is also on a prescription dog food. At first, that was all making a big difference and he was doing much better. Now, however with the diabeties comes the stumbling/loss of coordination, and his cateracts have gotten much worse, to the point that he can't see at all. We live in a rancher, but there are steps to get out in the back yard and steps to get from the kitchen to the den to go out of the garage into the front yard. He does ok on the den steps because they are carpeted, but since yesterday, when he got turned around outside and had a really hard time getting back inside, he is refusing to go out the back steps. He spends most of his day sleeping, however he still gets excited about meals, and frequently asks for a treat in his Kong. He has lost alot of weight, sometimes seems very confused, and when he runs into something/loses his way around the house, he acts really sad. Hubby fights back tears everytime this happens. My daughter is about the same. He still occasionally wants to play and he still knows it's us, and gets excited when we come around. I just am not sure it's time to say goodbye yet, because of those things. Opinions and good wishes appreciated. Love and green lights. T

Ohhh, this is hard.  I am so terribly sorry you are going through this. If only love could conquer all!

I had a cat that i wanted to keep breathing. I did absolutely everything I could do to keep him alive. I kept pumping him full of stuff to keep him going.  Even though i could clearly see he was leaving inch by inch, I got another day! Glorious right? No. 

Modern medicine is a wonderful thing at times, it can keep a shell going. But should it?  where was God in all this? Why wasn’t he taking him? Why was he forcing this on me?  So, i kept the gears grinding.

Don’t leave me!  I looked in his face and begged him— don’t leave me. Sounds so silly to some, but i wanted this failing thing to stay. But nothing was enough.   Finally, when i forced the final bit of him to die for me, i took him in and had him put to sleep. 

Harsh isn’t it? Don’t do what i did. Maybe let him go with what dignity he has left. Before he’s that shell, before everyone’s heart is gouged. Prolonging his and your memories of him as the healthy guy,  exhausting all hopeless treatments — it’s watching energy seep away and it will haunt you. He’s counted on you to keep the herd safe. He’s counting on that now.

My words don’t help. They are cautionary .  But i say them with the love you all feel for your big guy Csonka.

Notarodoyoulove19catFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Hard to know what to say DYL, what does the vet think? Does he/she think it's at a stage where there is no hope? I only ever had two dogs in my lifetime, lost one to distemper back in '69 or '70 and then another from old age back in the mid '80s, it's losing a member of the family, it's always going to hurt no matter how they pass. I' d see what the vet has to say, if there's no chance of a decent quality of life then it is probably time to say goodbye 😔, my thoughts are with you. ❤️
    Hedda Gablerdoyoulove19catFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Thank you both for the input.  DJ, I did need to hear your words.  Will be checking in the the vet on Monday and will keep you all posted.   Thank you so much!

Hedda GablerNotarocatFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • Thank you both for the input.  DJ, I did need to hear your words.  Will be checking in the the vet on Monday and will keep you all posted.   Thank you so much!

💔❤️
    NotarocatFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Aww, doya.  I'm sorry poor Csonka is not doing well. I know it is hard to watch. We just went through this with our Dusty, in November. I was the lone voice screaming No! You can't do that to him! When we would talk about whether it was time or not. I am still unsure in my heart if it was right, but in my head I do think it was right. Does not matter one bit to the heart though, it just hurts. 

I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers while you talk with the vet and make a decision. Biggest hugs. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTKurbenMarshadoyoulove19Neesy