Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• Another shout-out to cat — hope your step mum and poppa are doing great!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesycat
  • Kurben said:
    Applied for passport today. My old has expired. They took a new photo and for once i actually looked human in it. The nice police lady said i looked stunning in it. Will get it in next week.
    New avatar, then?
    I can never compete with your avatar for cuteness!!
    GNTLGNTnot_nadineHedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    Applied for passport today. My old has expired. They took a new photo and for once i actually looked human in it. The nice police lady said i looked stunning in it. Will get it in next week.
    ....stunning???.....time to ask for a date big boy.... :D
    KurbenHedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoirGazman
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:
    ....stunning???.....time to ask for a date big boy.... :D
    It was probably only in the eyes of that police....
    Hedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    Kurben said:
    New avatar, then?
    I can never compete with your avatar for cuteness!!
    ....suck ass.....brown noser..... :D :D
    Kurbennot_nadineHedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoirGazman
  • Another shout-out to cat — hope your step mum and poppa are doing great!
    Thanks for asking. I'm sorry for the disappearing act. Things around here have been so, so, SO busy. I haven't had much time for anything, not reading or anything. I will try to give a quick rundown. 

Been running in and out of the 2 home improvement stores, picking stuff out for our remodel. It is fun but tiring! Everything has been bought now. The flooring is going to be delivered today. Next Thursday is the install. So have been getting stuff ready to move out of the living room, packing up dishes out of the china cabinets, etc. 

Running after my kids, Ty's play performances are this Friday and Sat. Been dropping him off at practice, then heading to Ali's school and waiting on her to get out of track practice, then back to Ty's school to wait on him to get done. Some days I would come home in-between but most of the time I just waited. This week, Ty has practice from 4:30-8 pm, being performance week. Ali is doing very well in track, she has improved her personal best each meet. She is typically in the long jump, 100 and 200m races and runs the 3rd leg of the 4x100 relay. They are really wanting her to do hurdles, too. I have been to only one meet, they have all been out of town but she has a home meet Sat. So we'll be going to Ty's play Friday and Ali's meet Sat. 

My stepmom is doing ok. She had a scan last Wed, ahead of starting chemo on Friday and it picked up a clot in her lungs so she was admitted but they let her go home the next day. I am not sure if she still started chemo or if she had to wait. I tried checking on her over the weekend but my dad was short and to the point. He is struggling with this all so much. I knew he did not feel like talking by his response. So I said we love them and let him be. I will check again soon. 

My mom finally made it here for a visit over Easter weekend. So that was nice. We all had Easter dinner at Brandon's, spent the day there. 

Spent the other morning in the ER with Scott. He was having chest pains but heart is fine. They sent him for an ultrasound on his gall bladder. He has an appt with a surgeon on Monday but we don't know what will end up happening. The PA at our clinic said he did not see anything on the ultrsound...but this is the same guy who misread Scott's ekg and sent him to the ER in December. So we will see what the surgeon says. The attack lasted about 3 days but they gave him a scrip for something to calm the spasms and he has not had to take any for a couple days now. So we'll see what the surgeon says on Monday. 

So, that is what all has been keeping me so busy. Some good, some stressful and worrying. 

Flooring guy just called. He is on the way with our flooring. 

I will hopefully be around more. But with the remodel, possible surgery for Scott, plays, track meets, the schedule is not going to loosen up for a while. 

I hope everyone is well! I have missed you all and keep thinking I need to get here. But then something would happen or come up or it would be time to play taxi. 🙃 

Big hugs and positive vibes to all!! ❤
    FlakeNoirNotaroGazmanKurbenGNTLGNTNeesyMarshaspideymanSundrop
  • Great to hear from you Cat, you certainly have a lot going on. Be safe, best wishes and positive vibes being sent to you all❤️
    catGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesyMarshaspideyman
  • Thanks, Cat it's good to hear from you. Thinking of you all. xox 
    NotarocatKurbenGNTLGNTNeesyMarshaspideyman
  • edited April 2021
    You just have a bunch if everything going on. Hope scott is a quick, easy fix. Good energy to you all. I hope things can smooth out for step mom and dad. 

Busy kiddles is good. 

And photos of the remodel!

catNotaroKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesyMarshaspideyman
  • ....after that, I think I need an espresso then a nap....damn girl!!....
    NotaroKurbencatHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesyMarshaspideyman
  • Hello everyone!   Oh, how I have missed you all!! <3

Well, after 3 long months, things are almost back to post-Covid normal for my work.  Short version of the story - we are a global company that had a ransom-ware attack.  As soon as it was detected, the security measures shut down all systems, effected or not.  We had email and our MS Teams, but no operating systems or access to our local shared drive files.  I am the inventory reporter for all of our division, and I was able to take a snapshot of what was on the floors at the time of shutdown.  Then several times a day I was comparing to the manual files we were keeping of inbound and outbound shipments to see if inventory had moved or shipped to end customer.  I literally did this every day for 47 straight days, including weekends.  Slowly they started bringing systems back up, but then it was auditing warehouses, processing shipments in the system (not just on paper) and trying to make sure that folks weren't still working outside of the systems.  At least I was able to mostly get my weekends back. We were able to do a Quarter Close on 4/1, and as of today, most everything is processed as it should be.  I would gladly toss the scum bags who did the attack into a dark abyss, if I could. :s

In addition to all of that, hubby and I got our first Moderna doses at the end of March and get dose 2 tomorrow morning.  Scott – I read your advice and we are ready with the meds and water!!  Kiddo was able to snag a dose as well, Pfizer for her, and gets her 2nd on 5/12!  So, we are looking forward to a semi-normal summer and most importantly a mostly normal senior year for her come this fall.  Also, during this our oven decided to stop working (range still worked) so everything we have eaten in the past 2 ½ months has been cooked in a pot, skillet, toaster oven or the grill.  Fun!  My shiny new oven arrived today.:)

Hubby and I celebrated our 26th anniversary last Thursday!  Instead of our normal anniversary cruise, he had some gum surgery, but I still took the whole week off.  It was glorious and I did not realize how badly I needed it until I had the time off.   

@cat – dear, I am so sorry about your step mom and send love and good wishes to her and your dad! <3

@Sundrop - I don’t have a rhubarb cake recipe but now that I have my new oven, I might have to look for one.  My mom also used to make a really good strawberry-rhubarb pie.

Lima beans are not the devil.  I love most everything but radishes, turnips and cooked greens.   

Anyways, sorry for the novella post, but wanted to say hello and that I have missed you and hope to be back on again more normally.   Love to all! 

FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenspideymanMarshacatNeesySundrop
  • Oh wow, DoYa... girl that is insane with the cyber attack you must have had nothing left in the tank?!

It's really good hearing from you, I'm so pleased you're almost all jabbed up and I hope your summer will be a good one.

Enjoy your new oven... I won't comment on the rhubarb or lima beans, you've just got here, no need to drive you away again! 😄
    doyoulove19NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenspideymanMarshacatNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Oh wow, DoYa... girl that is insane with the cyber attack you must have had nothing left in the tank?!

It's really good hearing from you, I'm so pleased you're almost all jabbed up and I hope your summer will be a good one.

Enjoy your new oven... I won't comment on the rhubarb or lima beans, you've just got here, no need to drive you away again! 😄
    'Preciate it! :D
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerspideymanMarshacatNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Oh wow, DoYa... girl that is insane with the cyber attack you must have had nothing left in the tank?!

'Preciate it! :D
    ....yeah, yeah, yeah....so whaddya been up to......really?...... :D
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenspideymanMarshadoyoulove19catNeesy
  • ....here ya go T!......

Crazy day for me   randompost
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenspideymanMarshadoyoulove19catNeesy
  • Do you! So happy you checked in. You’ve been busy and invaluable!  I hope your employer is giving you lots of luvs. 

Good job on the shots.  

Happy anniversary!

senior year? No way!

i need a new oven too. 

Check in again soon. We’ve missed you!
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirspideymanMarshadoyoulove19catNeesy
  • Fantastic to hear from you again, Doyou!!! We've missed you. Sounds like you have had too much to do lately.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirspideymanMarshadoyoulove19catNeesy
  • 120 Best Tuesday Motivational Quotes for Work Fitness  Success (((all in need or not)))
    Love and green lights!
    FlakeNoirMarshadoyoulove19Hedda GablerGNTLGNTcatNeesy
  • Hello everyone!   Oh, how I have missed you all!! <3

Well, after 3 long months, things are almost back to post-Covid normal for my work.  Short version of the story - we are a global company that had a ransom-ware attack.  As soon as it was detected, the security measures shut down all systems, effected or not.  We had email and our MS Teams, but no operating systems or access to our local shared drive files.  I am the inventory reporter for all of our division, and I was able to take a snapshot of what was on the floors at the time of shutdown.  Then several times a day I was comparing to the manual files we were keeping of inbound and outbound shipments to see if inventory had moved or shipped to end customer.  I literally did this every day for 47 straight days, including weekends.  Slowly they started bringing systems back up, but then it was auditing warehouses, processing shipments in the system (not just on paper) and trying to make sure that folks weren't still working outside of the systems.  At least I was able to mostly get my weekends back. We were able to do a Quarter Close on 4/1, and as of today, most everything is processed as it should be.  I would gladly toss the scum bags who did the attack into a dark abyss, if I could. :s

In addition to all of that, hubby and I got our first Moderna doses at the end of March and get dose 2 tomorrow morning.  Scott – I read your advice and we are ready with the meds and water!!  Kiddo was able to snag a dose as well, Pfizer for her, and gets her 2nd on 5/12!  So, we are looking forward to a semi-normal summer and most importantly a mostly normal senior year for her come this fall.  Also, during this our oven decided to stop working (range still worked) so everything we have eaten in the past 2 ½ months has been cooked in a pot, skillet, toaster oven or the grill.  Fun!  My shiny new oven arrived today.:)

Hubby and I celebrated our 26th anniversary last Thursday!  Instead of our normal anniversary cruise, he had some gum surgery, but I still took the whole week off.  It was glorious and I did not realize how badly I needed it until I had the time off.   

@cat – dear, I am so sorry about your step mom and send love and good wishes to her and your dad! <3

@Sundrop - I don’t have a rhubarb cake recipe but now that I have my new oven, I might have to look for one.  My mom also used to make a really good strawberry-rhubarb pie.

Lima beans are not the devil.  I love most everything but radishes, turnips and cooked greens.   

Anyways, sorry for the novella post, but wanted to say hello and that I have missed you and hope to be back on again more normally.   Love to all! 

Welcome back! Hope things continue to get back to new normal for you and no more cyber attacks. Happy 26th anniversary!  <3
    doyoulove19Hedda GablerGNTLGNTcatNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....here ya go T!......

Crazy day for me   randompost
     :D  That is exactly what I looked like in February, except I have more hair!   LMAO

Thanks for the welcome back, y'all!  <3  
    NotaroKurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshacatNeesy
  • edited April 2021
    I actually had tacos yesterday and didn't realize it was Tuesday but I was in a close town with a super taco joint and couldn't pass it up.  They actually give you cheese on the taco.  And when you ask for extra sour cream, there's extra sour cream.  And the shells are warm and fresh.  And this is a chain taco place.  You would think that they would all taste the same.  But they don't.  

The one in my town absolutely friggin' sucks.  There's one of them in a town near me that's better, but still low on the Sensory Scales of Taste, but this particular one I was near yesterday is the best. 

I wolfed down my 2 taco supremes and wished I had a back-up stomach for storage.
    Marshaghost19catKurbenNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirdoyoulove19Neesy