Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• Happy new year
    FlakeNoir
  • To all of you   A very happy new year!!
    I just had very good evening. I'm celebrating alone but i just watched Some Like It Hot with Marilyn Monroe, Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis. I've seen it many times before but it never fails to make me laugh out loud. Much needed this time. Thank you for making that movie! Must be one of the best comedies of all times. It has gone 65 years but it stays as fresh as a rosebud. All three leads are at the top of their game and that is really high. Perfect dialogue and not a dull moment. 
    Two hours left of this year.... I think i will go out on the balcony and give the new one a toast to make it know we have really longed for the old one to be over. Also to watch the fireworks.....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • I hope they are lovely.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Happy new year one and all. Be safe everyone. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Kurben said:
    To all of you   A very happy new year!!
    I just had very good evening. I'm celebrating alone but i just watched Some Like It Hot with Marilyn Monroe, Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis. I've seen it many times before but it never fails to make me laugh out loud. Much needed this time. Thank you for making that movie! Must be one of the best comedies of all times. It has gone 65 years but it stays as fresh as a rosebud. All three leads are at the top of their game and that is really high. Perfect dialogue and not a dull moment. 
    Two hours left of this year.... I think i will go out on the balcony and give the new one a toast to make it know we have really longed for the old one to be over. Also to watch the fireworks.....
    Classic 50s Movie Some Like It Hot  by Scott Myers  Go Into The Story....I love Ms. M........
    KurbenFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:
    Classic 50s Movie Some Like It Hot  by Scott Myers  Go Into The Story....I love Ms. M........
    .........Who doesn't.........
  • Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:
    .........Who doesn't.........
    ....one of my favorite photos....and I have a bisque doll in my office of this pose.....

Zdjcia Marilyn Monroe za 6 mln z zobaczy we Wrocawiu 300 osb Na razie   Fotoblogiapl
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • I bought one of those floating soap things that you pump out. When they work i like them but this one, GRRRR, i cant work, i press, i pump, i bend, i turn it around, i do anything i can think of to do to a plastic bottle of soap but no soap..... Am i a dummy not to understand the mechanism (i tend to lean towards that) or is it a malfunction? I remember a humiliating exåerience a few years back when i went back to the store and one of the clerks did something and suddenly it worked. A miracle! I had spent hours trying to figure it out......  It is the same for me with childsafe bottles on medicines...... Several times i have taken a knife to the bottle to get out the medicine......... Why must it be so complicated.???
  • edited January 2021
    Kurben said:
    I bought one of those floating soap things that you pump out. When they work i like them but this one, GRRRR, i cant work, i press, i pump, i bend, i turn it around, i do anything i can think of to do to a plastic bottle of soap but no soap..... Am i a dummy not to understand the mechanism (i tend to lean towards that) or is it a malfunction? I remember a humiliating exåerience a few years back when i went back to the store and one of the clerks did something and suddenly it worked. A miracle! I had spent hours trying to figure it out......  It is the same for me with childsafe bottles on medicines...... Several times i have taken a knife to the bottle to get out the medicine......... Why must it be so complicated.???
    When you pump it, does the pump nozzle actually move down? Sometimes there is a small plastic disc kind-of-thing that sits just underneath the nozzle that you need to remove in order for it to pump properly.  It stops accidental pumps when you're transporting groceries. 
    NotaroHedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    I bought one of those floating soap things that you pump out. When they work i like them but this one, GRRRR, i cant work, i press, i pump, i bend, i turn it around, i do anything i can think of to do to a plastic bottle of soap but no soap..... Am i a dummy not to understand the mechanism (i tend to lean towards that) or is it a malfunction? I remember a humiliating exåerience a few years back when i went back to the store and one of the clerks did something and suddenly it worked. A miracle! I had spent hours trying to figure it out......  It is the same for me with childsafe bottles on medicines...... Several times i have taken a knife to the bottle to get out the medicine......... Why must it be so complicated.???
    When you pump it, does the pump nozzle actually move down? Sometimes there is a small plastic disc kind-of-thing that sits just underneath the nozzle that you need to remove in order for it to pump properly.  It stops accidental pumps when you're transporting groceries. 
    You might be my saviour, Flake! Never thought of that. When i bolstered up enough courage i'm gonna make a new attack on the soap. Because you're right, the pump nozzle doesn't move down but of course i dpildn't find any way to remedy that. You have given me hope!!!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Kurben said:
    I’m not sure for your country, but here in the US we can opt out of childproof lids.  Once my kids were grown and i had no little ones, i asked for regular screw tops. I just have to sign each time i puck up my meds agreeing to non safety lids. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Kurben said:
    I’m not sure for your country, but here in the US we can opt out of childproof lids.  Once my kids were grown and i had no little ones, i asked for regular screw tops. I just have to sign each time i puck up my meds agreeing to non safety lids. 
    Dont know if thats a thing here. Seems to me some meds are just sold with childproof Lids. Unfortunately that means they are also Kurbproof.....
  • Kurben said:
    Kurben said:
    Dont know if thats a thing here. Seems to me some meds are just sold with childproof Lids. Unfortunately that means they are also Kurbproof.....
    Might not hurt to ask next time you want refills.  Call your pharmacy and check. It’s great not to mess with those.
    KurbenFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • The adventure of the soap continues. I made a new attack on it today with Flakes advice in mind and i failed or succeeded or, i dont quite know how to describe it. What happened was i tried and failed but when i put it back a little soap jumped out! I must have done something during the battle that unblocked whatever that blocked it before but i havent the slightest idea as to what i did. Is that a Success or a failure??
  • Kurben said:
    The adventure of the soap continues. I made a new attack on it today with Flakes advice in mind and i failed or succeeded or, i dont quite know how to describe it. What happened was i tried and failed but when i put it back a little soap jumped out! I must have done something during the battle that unblocked whatever that blocked it before but i havent the slightest idea as to what i did. Is that a Success or a failure??
    ....sounds like a quasi-success Kurb.......try this, hold the top of the bottle where the pump screws in with one hand and see if you can push down on the pump with the other hand while twisting counter-clockwise....if this doesn't work, I say chuck the bastard in the trash and go buy a BAR of soap.....
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:
    The adventure of the soap continues. I made a new attack on it today with Flakes advice in mind and i failed or succeeded or, i dont quite know how to describe it. What happened was i tried and failed but when i put it back a little soap jumped out! I must have done something during the battle that unblocked whatever that blocked it before but i havent the slightest idea as to what i did. Is that a Success or a failure??
    ....sounds like a quasi-success Kurb.......try this, hold the top of the bottle where the pump screws in with one hand and see if you can push down on the pump with the other hand while twisting counter-clockwise....if this doesn't work, I say chuck the bastard in the trash and go buy a BAR of soap.....
    This was going to be my next advice. 😄 Both the push down-and-twist... and throw away in favour of a bar of of soap.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Feeling like a headache is sneaking up on me. i'll be off to bed i think. But at least the soap is working now. Dont know why. I did not intentionally do anything, it just suddenly started working properly as if it started to feel pity on me... Can you sink lower than being pitied by a soap bottle???
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Kurben said:
    Feeling like a headache is sneaking up on me. i'll be off to bed i think. But at least the soap is working now. Dont know why. I did not intentionally do anything, it just suddenly started working properly as if it started to feel pity on me... Can you sink lower than being pitied by a soap bottle???
    Maybe take some pain relief now with a large glass of water before sleep, Kurben?
    I hope it won't turn out to be a migraine, did you see your doc about the nosebleeds? (Worrying about blood pressure)

As for the soap... maybe you twisted the nozzle slightly as you were pushing down on it? They also need quite a bit of priming once they're opened. Anyway... you have flowing soap, try to ignore the pity... 😁 fecking soap bottle. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Rest and feel better kurben.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • ....my suggestion.....on both fronts.....

Use liquor bottles etc to make funny soap dispensers  Diy projects for  men Jack daniels soap dispenser Man bathroom
    FlakeNoirNotaroKurbenHedda Gabler
  • Thats a good suggestion, GNT!!!
    I feel a bit like a wrung out dishcloth today so maybe thats the ticket back to the world of the living??
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Kurben said:
    Thats a good suggestion, GNT!!!
    I feel a bit like a wrung out dishcloth today so maybe thats the ticket back to the world of the living??
    Nòoooooo.... back away from the Jack. Haven't you just gotten rid of a headache? 😄
    NotaroKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    Thats a good suggestion, GNT!!!
    Nòoooooo.... back away from the Jack. Haven't you just gotten rid of a headache? 😄
    Makes some sense i believe. I just creep back into bed a read a book. Accompanied by orangejuice, sodapop and chocolate!