Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• Neesy said:
    @Neesy — how is Andy doing? Hope you and Josh and Andy are taking care of yourselves and each other. 

How are the kitties ? 

Hi - Andy is feeling better since he got a break from the chemo - according to the doctor he had a septic reaction to the last round. He will get a CT chest, abdomen and pelvis on December 17th and after that they'll figure out what to do next. Josh is doing okay and the cats are 10 months old now. We got a lot of snow yesterday and it's all white out there now - yikes! B)
    (Thanks for asking - hope you're doing well <3

Positive thoughts your way for Andy's CT on the 17th. 💜
    I hope winter will be kind this year to you all. Good to see you Neesy.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gablernot_nadineNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Kris (BF)  told me that he got me a present. (!!!) 

"watcha get watcha get?" "bigger than a breadbox??"  "small"  <3  
    "You'll see , you'll see - it's on it's way!"

Get a text at work.  "it's here!"

Came home.

It was a new coffee maker.

Oooh, nice! I'd love a coffee maker. 
    Me too! Coincidentally, my coffee pot went tit’s up monday. 
    I've never had one, hope you get another soon. 🤞
    Neither have I. I don't even think coffee taste good. 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  •  :o  You guys never had coffee machines?
    KurbenGNTLGNTNeesyHedda Gabler
    No I've never had one, I drink instant or coffee bags at home.
    GNTLGNTNeesyHedda Gabler
    Nope. I have some different sorts of tea at home but never coffee.
    GNTLGNTNeesyFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the CT Neesy....

Thanks ♥
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Neesy said:
    @Neesy — how is Andy doing? Hope you and Josh and Andy are taking care of yourselves and each other. 

How are the kitties ? 

Hi - Andy is feeling better since he got a break from the chemo - according to the doctor he had a septic reaction to the last round. He will get a CT chest, abdomen and pelvis on December 17th and after that they'll figure out what to do next. Josh is doing okay and the cats are 10 months old now. We got a lot of snow yesterday and it's all white out there now - yikes! B)

Thanks - you're right - maybe this Christmas will be better than last - at least we have some hope now :)

• This is kind of out of left field but does anyone know of a good substitute for okra? I have a recipe for chicken and sausage gumbo made in the slow cooker.

I think the last time I tried okra was when we were driving through Tennessee many years ago

• Kurben said:
     :o  You guys never had coffee machines?
    Nope. I have some different sorts of tea at home but never coffee.
    I drink lady grey tea also.
    Hedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNTKurben
  • Neesy said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Neesy said:

How are the kitties ? 

Thanks - you're right - maybe this Christmas will be better than last - at least we have some hope now :)

🙏🙏🙏 Hope is the best thing to have, Neesy. 💜
    Hedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNTKurben
  • @Kurben how was your holiday?
    Hedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNT
  • Neesy said:
    This is kind of out of left field but does anyone know of a good substitute for okra? I have a recipe for chicken and sausage gumbo made in the slow cooker.

I think the last time I tried okra was when we were driving through Tennessee many years ago

https://tastylicious.com/okra-substitutes/
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    @Kurben how was your holiday?
    It was great!! We saw a lot, great dinners (restaurants open about 8 pm there and you are earlier you just have to wait. It was cheap. A bottle of wine and food for three people cost about 20 euro which is somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 US dollars. We went up in the mountains and saw people living in caves, they had actually built their houses into the mountain with windows and doors opening up. Some houses were storeys high, a luxury living inside a cave! Also saw the place were some famous scenes from Sergio Leones spaghetti westerns were filmed. It is a desrted village now but i recognised some of the houses from the movies. Spent a day at Alhambra, an arab Palace complex where the Emit lived built around 1300 AD. Big gardens inside the house, amazing architecture and and art on the walls. Something to see.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirnot_nadineGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    @Kurben how was your holiday?
    It was great!! We saw a lot, great dinners (restaurants open about 8 pm there and you are earlier you just have to wait. It was cheap. A bottle of wine and food for three people cost about 20 euro which is somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 US dollars. We went up in the mountains and saw people living in caves, they had actually built their houses into the mountain with windows and doors opening up. Some houses were storeys high, a luxury living inside a cave! Also saw the place were some famous scenes from Sergio Leones spaghetti westerns were filmed. It is a desrted village now but i recognised some of the houses from the movies. Spent a day at Alhambra, an arab Palace complex where the Emit lived built around 1300 AD. Big gardens inside the house, amazing architecture and and art on the walls. Something to see.
    This sounds incredible Kurben, really beautiful. I'm glad you had a fantastic holiday. ❤️
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbenNeesy
  • ...that sounds great....and a mental note was made....I can eat enough for 3 people, so 30 bucks is pretty reasonable for the Village Idiot to stuff his piehole.....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerKurbenNeesy
  • Funny Thanksgiving Quotes Wishes and Sayings for 2022  Routinely Nomadic....Happy Thanksgiving my friends....you all are the gravy to my taters....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenNeesy
  • edited November 2022
    GNTLGNT said:
    Funny Thanksgiving Quotes Wishes and Sayings for 2022  Routinely Nomadic....Happy Thanksgiving my friends....you all are the gravy to my taters....
    What Scott said.

As far as the poster? So much I want to say. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurben
  • Happy Thanksgiving - 25324 - Picture 1 of 2

(((all in need or not)))
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerKurbenNeesy
  • Come share what you had to eat and how Thanksgiving was celebrated. 
    I always love to hear your foodie/family stories. 🥰
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenNeesy
  • ...usually I have to eat my words.....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerKurbenNeesy
  • Ham, no turkey. All the usual sides. Pretty yummy. Lots of leftovers. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirNeesy
  • ....the staff prepared a colossal feast for the residents of my Cottage and we all ate like crazed wolverines....now me belly hurts and I still need pie......
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNeesy