Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• cat said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    cat said:
    Going to the eye dr this morning. Kinda nervous about it but hoping to get some help for the constant issues my thyroid has caused for my eyes. 
    ....hope for a successful outcome honey..... <3
    Definitely have TED but he said the surgery option was not on the table as it is not that bad. I was glad because the thought of surgery on my eyes scares me to death. For the dryness and redness, he said to keep using what I am using and he also gave me samples of 2 other otc drops. Definitely getting one of them, he put some in my eyes while I was there and they cleared right up and they still feel pretty good, almost 7 hours later. Will try the other one tomorrow. He said to use the gel kind especially before bed, because my eyelids do not close all the way anymore. 😔 

The regular exam part was all good. Prescription changed some but I did expect that. Got some pretty new glasses ordered. 

I am relieved but yet a bit disappointed. I was hoping there would be more I could do to help my eyes look better. But I can see. And beyond the TED, my eyes are healthy. The frog eyes bother ME, a lot. But, I think (hope) if I can get the constant irritation from the dryness under control, that may help some of the swelling that always seems present in my lids. And maybe if they aren't always so irritated, they will look a bit better, even to me. 

You are very pretty and you see more than what other’s  see.  I hope the meds give your eyes relief and help tour swelling.  
    catFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenNeesy
  • ....me?......ohhhhhhhh, just twisting about and dancing back and forth in anticipation of driving in yet another Winter storm.....

Image result for disgusted dog face

FlakeNoirNotaroKurbenHedda GablerNeesycat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....me?......ohhhhhhhh, just twisting about and dancing back and forth in anticipation of driving in yet another Winter storm.....

Be safe Scott... I hate that my friends are out in weather like this. 🥺
    NotaroGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNeesycat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....me?......ohhhhhhhh, just twisting about and dancing back and forth in anticipation of driving in yet another Winter storm.....

Be careful out there buddy, stay safe. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesycat
  • ...thanks guys....that's the thing about being a nurse, we have to be on the job and let's face it, the prison never closes.....
    NotaroFlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNeesycat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...thanks guys....that's the thing about being a nurse, we have to be on the job and let's face it, the prison never closes.....
    Job security in your particular field and location.  Unfortunately.  

(Glad you have a job, just don't like you having to deal with dangerous people.)
    FlakeNoirNotaroKurbenNeesycatGNTLGNT
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...thanks guys....that's the thing about being a nurse, we have to be on the job and let's face it, the prison never closes.....

(Glad you have a job, just don't like you having to deal with dangerous people.)
    .....thank you m'dear.....I get paid very well to do what I do, and once in a while-the Inmates can get worrisome, but the most dangerous folk there are fellow staff.....lots of in-fighting, back biting and complaint writing.....seems typical for state work....
    FlakeNoirKurbenNotarospideymanHedda GablerNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:

.....thank you m'dear.....I get paid very well to do what I do, and once in a while-the Inmates can get worrisome, but the most dangerous folk there are fellow staff.....lots of in-fighting, back biting and complaint writing.....seems typical for state work....
    I still think you have a book about your experiences to write.  And you could do it without naming names, so no legalities involved.  It would be a fascinating book.
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirMarsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:

I still think you have a book about your experiences to write.  And you could do it without naming names, so no legalities involved.  It would be a fascinating book.
    ....I haven't forgotten about it.....it'll be something I can work on in retirement.....you know, retire to my action figure cave aka "The Office", don my DEVO power dome and start scribbling.....
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirMarshaKurben
  • GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:

....I haven't forgotten about it.....it'll be something I can work on in retirement.....you know, retire to my action figure cave aka "The Office", don my DEVO power dome and start scribbling.....
    I'll order a signed copy!!
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNTcat
  • Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:

Me too!
    MarshaNotaroKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:

Me, three!
    NotaroHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • I'll order the 4th, but of course I'll f'k up the whole sign-up process, have a tanty... ask another three times how I do this... miss your replies because of the time difference and work. Wait for covid to clear, get a passport... hop on a plane and come get one in person. Because... I'm sign-up challenged. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroMarshacat
  • Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:

......swiss chocolate will do me fine if ye ken.....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaroMarshacat
  • Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:

Me too!
    .....smudged with chocolate fingerprints.....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaroMarshacat
  • Marsha said:
    Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:

Me, three!
    ....for you, I wash my hands..... :D
    FlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNotarospideymanMarshacat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Marsha said:
    Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:

Me, three!
    ....for you, I wash my hands..... :D
    🤣
    Hedda GablerNotarospideymanMarshacat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I'll order the 4th, but of course I'll f'k up the whole sign-up process, have a tanty... ask another three times how I do this... miss your replies because of the time difference and work. Wait for covid to clear, get a passport... hop on a plane and come get one in person. Because... I'm sign-up challenged. 
    .....I'll even toss in an Ohio stick for the pooches!.....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotarospideymanMarshacat
  • Kitty went to vet today for a weight check.  He's gained 4 ounces!  That's a win, people.

He needs to gain pounds, but I'll take the ounces too.  It's the right direction anyway.

Grocery store.  Making stuffed mushrooms today.  
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirMarshacatSundrop
  • Kitty went to vet today for a weight check.  He's gained 4 ounces!  That's a win, people.

He needs to gain pounds, but I'll take the ounces too.  It's the right direction anyway.

....good deal on kitty and my tastebuds just went into red alert at the mention of stuffed shrooms.....bloody hell I love em.......
    NotaroKurbenFlakeNoirspideymanMarshacat

Yay for "C" boy!... Ewww on the mushrooms. 😁
    NotaroGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerspideymanMarshacat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Kitty went to vet today for a weight check.  He's gained 4 ounces!  That's a win, people.

Yay for "C" boy!... Ewww on the mushrooms. 😁
    Image result for donald sutherland invasion of the body snatchers
    FlakeNoirNotaroKurbenHedda GablerMarshacat
  • Brought my 89 year old father in-law for his first vaccine shot this evening. That was pretty much the highlight of my day😴
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirspideymanGNTLGNTMarshacatNeesy
  • Today i am making a little smoky recipe with barbecue sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, worcessibippity sauce,  (not caring how that’s spelled) all in the crock pot.  It’s meant more as an appetizer, but it’s what’s for lunch, dinner, snacking, get off my back food. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirspideymanGNTLGNTMarshacatNeesySundrop
  • Notaro said:
    Brought my 89 year old father in-law for his first vaccine shot this evening. That was pretty much the highlight of my day😴
    ....sore arm today, second vacc might set him back on his heels.....keep a close eye on him....
    FlakeNoirMarshaNotarocatHedda GablerNeesy