Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• cat said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    cat said:
    Night shift time again. So not much done today. Started chili this morning. Read a short story. Watching some TV right now, maybe some reading in a bit. 
    ....night shift, meh......it screws with your system, but it's a necessary evil......did it for several years.......indeed, I too was a Nightcrawler.......

Night shift  Night shift humor Night shift nurse humor Nurse memes humor
    I promise to never complain about night shifts ever again if he can just stay employed. Until he is ready to retire would be great, but at least until we get the last 2 kids graduated from high school. 

I know I am skirting around HT but we are scared. 

Hi cat - hope you can make it through night shift again (and I am sorry but I don't know what HT means) - keep your chin up!

NotarocatGNTLGNT
  • Neesy said:
    cat said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    cat said:
    Night shift time again. So not much done today. Started chili this morning. Read a short story. Watching some TV right now, maybe some reading in a bit. 
    ....night shift, meh......it screws with your system, but it's a necessary evil......did it for several years.......indeed, I too was a Nightcrawler.......

I promise to never complain about night shifts ever again if he can just stay employed. Until he is ready to retire would be great, but at least until we get the last 2 kids graduated from high school. 

Hi cat - hope you can make it through night shift again (and I am sorry but I don't know what HT means) - keep your chin up!

Hot Topics
    NeesyKurbenGNTLGNT
  • cat said:
    Neesy said:
    cat said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    cat said:

Hot Topics

Okey dokey - got it! Thanks ♥ <3

catKurbenGNTLGNT
  • cat said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    cat said:

....I understand......the next 6 1/2 years are going to be endless for me.....
    catNeesy
  • ....and I am not wishing my life away, just want to be free of the constant stress and anger my job entails.......
    catNeesyFlakeNoir
  • I went out today and bought myself a grown-up car.

KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTspideymanNotaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....and I am not wishing my life away, just want to be free of the constant stress and anger my job entails.......
    So I take it you plan to retire in 6 1/2 years? I understand completely - and I do not miss the rat race, having retired three years ago. Don't worry - time seems to pass faster the older you get!

I went out today and bought myself a grown-up car.

Looks pretty fancy - very nice! Is it black or is that just the closest pic you could find on the internet?

I think my next vehicle should be black (right now I'm driving a sort of nondescript tan colour Liberty)

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • It's black   :)
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • I went out today and bought myself a grown-up car.

....this company makes a very nice car......I hope you two are very happy together, and allow me to give you your first bumpersticker.....

Stephen King Stickers  TeePublic
    FlakeNoirNotaroNeesyHedda Gabler
  • .....yes Neesy, my retirement date is in October of 2027.....I could retire sooner, but the difference in monthly income from age 62 to age 65 is $3,000....I have to gut it out for that much difference.....
    KurbenspideymanFlakeNoirNotaroNeesyHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    .....yes Neesy, my retirement date is in October of 2027.....I could retire sooner, but the difference in monthly income from age 62 to age 65 is $3,000....I have to gut it out for that much difference.....

Sounds like pretty good financial planning to me.

Today is the last day to take the old Christmas tree out to the park to include it in the Let's Chip In recycling program.

Gonna have to put an old sheet around it to cut down on all the tiny needles getting into the back of my Liberty

GNTLGNTKurbenNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Neesy said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    .....yes Neesy, my retirement date is in October of 2027.....I could retire sooner, but the difference in monthly income from age 62 to age 65 is $3,000....I have to gut it out for that much difference.....

Sounds like pretty good financial planning to me.

Today is the last day to take the old Christmas tree out to the park to include it in the Let's Chip In recycling program.

Gonna have to put an old sheet around it to cut down on all the tiny needles getting into the back of my Liberty

....ahhhhh, Jeeps eat pine needles and shat leaves......
    KurbenNotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • Gonna venture out to the bank, followed by a trip to the grocery store; I got a new reusable face mask in a leopard print

Pack of 3 Animal Print Unisex Face Masks - FCU0303998 - Fossil

KurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoircat
  • Neesy said:
    Gonna venture out to the bank, followed by a trip to the grocery store; I got a new reusable face mask in a leopard print

Pack of 3 Animal Print Unisex Face Masks - FCU0303998 - Fossil

....need one of these......

11 of the best funny face masks for making people smile in the shops   Closer
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenNeesycatdoyoulove19
  • Today i performed the necessary but never fun or inspiring task of cleaning the toilet!! I'm leaving the scene bowing and wait for the applause.
    FlakeNoirNeesyHedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • Kurben said:
    Today i performed the necessary but never fun or inspiring task of cleaning the toilet!! I'm leaving the scene bowing and wait for the applause.
    Image result for toilet cleaning meme
    catHedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenNeesy
  • ....got my second and final dose of the Moderna CoVid vaccine.....first one only made my arm hurt like hell for about 12 hours.....this one felt like a hot wire punching into my deltoid....now I await the lovely side effects of fatigue, aches, chills, fever and headache....been prophylactically dosing myself with Tylenol to hopefully ward off some of the crap.....not saying this to dissuade anyone from get their vacc, just keeping it real....and this is my weekend.....bleh, hell of a way to spend it....meh.....
    catHedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenNeesySundrop
  • catcat
    edited February 2021
    I am decluttering/deep cleaning my kitchen. 

Will take Ty to get his haircut when he gets home in a little bit. It is way overdue. 

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....got my second and final dose of the Moderna CoVid vaccine.....first one only made my arm hurt like hell for about 12 hours.....this one felt like a hot wire punching into my deltoid....now I await the lovely side effects of fatigue, aches, chills, fever and headache....been prophylactically dosing myself with Tylenol to hopefully ward off some of the crap.....not saying this to dissuade anyone from get their vacc, just keeping it real....and this is my weekend.....bleh, hell of a way to spend it....meh.....
    I hope the booster shot will be a little kinder on your system Scott. So glad you're having this, it's been a worry with your work situation. 
    KurbenNotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gablercat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....got my second and final dose of the Moderna CoVid vaccine.....first one only made my arm hurt like hell for about 12 hours.....this one felt like a hot wire punching into my deltoid....now I await the lovely side effects of fatigue, aches, chills, fever and headache....been prophylactically dosing myself with Tylenol to hopefully ward off some of the crap.....not saying this to dissuade anyone from get their vacc, just keeping it real....and this is my weekend.....bleh, hell of a way to spend it....meh.....
    I hope the booster shot will be a little kinder on your system Scott. So glad you're having this, it's been a worry with your work situation. 
    ....I feel like I've been run over twice by a Mack truck.....this to shall pass and I so appreciate your concern Flake....
    Image result for funny covid vaccine
    KurbenHedda GablercatNotaroFlakeNoirNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....I feel like I've been run over twice by a Mack truck.....this to shall pass and I so appreciate your concern Flake....
    Flake speaks for me too, big guy! You will bounce back, right??
    Hedda GablercatNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Flake speaks for me too, big guy! You will bounce back, right??
    ...I will my friend.....just has made me feel very drained and outside myself......
    catHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Feel better, Scott. Sucks you work the weekend and cannot just stay home and rest. Big hugs. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNeesy
  • cat said:
    Feel better, Scott. Sucks you work the weekend and cannot just stay home and rest. Big hugs. 
    ...Thanks m'dear......maybe another good sleep will bring me closer to what passes for normal for me..... :D
    Hedda GablerKurbencatFlakeNoirNeesy