Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• FlakeNoir said:
    I loved the squirrel, sweet thing.
    I noticed it was grey. In sweden Squirrels are more reddish in colour. Do you have that variety too or is that just us scandinavian countries?
    Red Squirrels - Pensthorpe
    Hedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    I noticed it was grey. In sweden Squirrels are more reddish in colour. Do you have that variety too or is that just us scandinavian countries?
    Squirrels out west in america are gray and will gnaw a man just to watch him die. 
    KurbenNeesyGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:

We have the red and the grey in Canada - in Ontario they have black ones as well

KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Today has been pretty busy - made a beef stew that is in the slow cooker right now plus a type of bread called Cinnamon Scroll Bread - that's also cooking in the oven at the moment.

There's a meeting of the baking book club tonight at 6:30 so I'm cutting it pretty close - still need to shower and change my clothes - it's all women at this club and it's held every month - I'm looking forward to it.

Cinnamon scroll bread recipe - Chatelaine

Here's the pic from the Chatelaine web site - in the instructions instead of Filling they spelled it as "Fillin" - I thought that was pretty cute but I think it's just a typo ☺

GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    ....fox squirrels, gray squirrels and black squirrels here in Ohio....
    Hedda GablerNotaroKurbenNeesyFlakeNoir
  • Neesy, looks yummy! How was it?
    NotaroGNTLGNTNeesyFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    Was out over the weekend at a couple of the usual spots....

Uh, what is this gated speciest place with their discriminatory practices? No dogs allowed? Scandalous!!!
    That is a courtyard in Pearse Park, there is a cafe in there and a couple of craft shops, I had a coffee in there last year and I was informed by a member of staff that dogs weren't allowed, my daughter and I had gone straight in with Ted to sit and have a coffee, Ted was sitting under the table with a rice bone happily chewing,  we hadn't noticed the signs, she was very polite about it and we sat and finished our coffee before we left, we just get takeaway coffee now.
    GNTLGNTNeesyFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    We have red and grey squirrels here, the red is native, the grey was introduced in the early 1900's and ran riot, resulting in the reds losing habitat and becoming scarcer.
    KurbenGNTLGNTNeesyFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    No squirrels here.
    NotaroKurbenGNTLGNTNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    No squirrels here.
    ....oh they're there all right.....only they've mutated into something horrifying that will kill you in your sleep.....or is that Australia??..... :D
    NeesyKurbenFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Neesy, looks yummy! How was it?

They ate it all up :)

By the way we actually had a MAN show up to the meeting last night (first time) - I couldn't resist - I walked in and saw him and immediately said "Testosterone!" I think he took it well - his name is Kelvin

KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    No squirrels here.
    ....oh they're there all right.....only they've mutated into something horrifying that will kill you in your sleep.....or is that Australia??..... :D
    Jesus, for a minute there I read,  "...or is that Australians?". 😁
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesyNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    No squirrels here.
    Jesus, for a minute there I read,  "...or is that Australians?". 😁
    Who knows....?? 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesyNotaro
  • Has anyone here heard of Hans Kai?

Josh and I are going out today to check it out - it's a program run locally.

Josh is so lonely since he and Stephanie broke up.

I'm hoping that if he gets out and meets real people in real life he'll stop trying to find love on the internet and therefore will no longer be fooled by scammers trying to get his money by impersonating women and asking for gift cards. :/

KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • ....sounds like it could well be a helpful program for him...I wish you luck....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • Sounds good Neesy. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • Neesy said:
    Has anyone here heard of Hans Kai?

Josh and I are going out today to check it out - it's a program run locally.

Josh is so lonely since he and Stephanie broke up.

I'm hoping that if he gets out and meets real people in real life he'll stop trying to find love on the internet and therefore will no longer be fooled by scammers trying to get his money by impersonating women and asking for gift cards. :/

Hopefull he'll find his feet again and meet someone with a good heart. If he's online, aa soon aa someone asks him for cash or a gift card no matter what their sob story is he needs to disconnect from them. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirNeesyHedda Gabler
  • Thanks everyone - have a great Friday!

Chocolate Chip Decorated Cookies  Sweetopia

I might make cookies but right now I just feel like going for a power nap

FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited February 1
    Went to the library and I always check out the free cart while there. 

Today, I got two CDs — Spanish kid songs!!!! Woohoo. One is a bunch of Jesus songs with such timely classics as — Jesús es mi Pastor and El Mundo en sus Manos to the harder hitting — Mama Told Me Not To Come, 3 Dog Night. 

Oh wait. Wrong CD. Scratch that last song. 

The other CD has a female looking Che Guevara complete with beret. She’s smiling though so I don’t think she’s singing about guerrilla warfare. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirNeesy
  • ....how about Cher Guevara instead???....

Cher as Che Guevara  A website about Che Guevara
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • ....took Tracy out for one of our customary back roadway adventures yesterday....we ended up in Egypt Valley again-but I promised her, I wouldn't go anywhere near the paranormal hotspots because they had affected her so much from our first trip there....somehow, I STILL ended up driving by them even though I had no clear direction to my driving....just the usual pick a gravel road and go....sheesh!....at least her empathic radar didn't alert and she knew it was just by chance we got where we were....but that aside, I still did a bit of very casual EVP work with no definite hits and we spent the rest of the time doing what I called "Old Folks Mud Runnin'".....huge amount of rain here of late and those back roads are gravel and red clay....so it was a mite muddy and sticky, still my trusty Nissan pick-em-up, old "Red Dawg" ate it all up and we saw some sights we hadn't experienced....had to empty our bladders out yonder as well, cuz those roads weren't only muddy as hell but felt like we driving through bomb craters.... :D
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNeesy
  • So glad you guys got out. Hope her mama is doing well. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • So glad you guys got out. Hope her mama is doing well. 
    ....I make it a point to go and do when we can.....Mama is holding her own, still giving the middle finger to the Big C.....
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I hate going to the dentist. I always think of the Marathon Man and somehow i see always see Laurence Olivier looking down on me and i know i am in trouble. But it was a necessity. During the night a tooth broke in half and fell out and just had to be fixed. My picture in the mirror was awful looking. But i managed to get a time at 11 am which was faster than i expected. Now i look ok again. Except that i am minus a lot of money that  could have been used elsewhere. Why is dentists so expensive? Going to emergency care in hospitals  costs next to nothing and so do most medicines but dentistry! The sky is the limit.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • ....I feel ya Kurb, I have good dental insurance and they still want a pound of flesh....feel like telling them they can have it from my ass.....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy