Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Tut, tut, looks like rain -- or sunshine or storms.....

Comments

• Be safe cat!
    catNotaroFlakeNoirMarsha
  • cat said:
    Very hot here again. 97 plus very high winds. It is windy now, but tonight supposed to be 35-45 mph with 60 mph gusts...extreme fire danger for us today. 
    ...batten down the hatches and hang on!!....good vibes your way on a gust.....
    catNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarsha
  • ...beautiful Irish.....rain forest feel around here today....Kurb?.....tip one for me.....
    catNotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerMarsha
  • Raining heavy here today. I own 3 umbrellas, THREE! and i could not manage  to bring one on my errands. 
    forgot your umbrella on rainy day Good - Grumpy Cat - quickmeme..... :D......
    catNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenMarsha
  • edited June 2021
    GNTLGNT said:
    Raining heavy here today. I own 3 umbrellas, THREE! and i could not manage  to bring one on my errands. 
    forgot your umbrella on rainy day Good - Grumpy Cat - quickmeme..... :D......
    This was a toss up — laughs or loves?  I loved this damn cat. 
    FlakeNoirKurbencatNotaroMarsha
  • Beautiful day, 16C/60F...

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatHedda GablerMarsha
  • ....I like the sculpture, and since there is a plaque, I'm guessing it's of some significance rather than "On this date, a random human stood and watched traffic"?....
    catNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarsha
  • Still very windy but we're getting a break from the heat. 77 today, back up into the 90s for the weekend. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarsha
  • ....still like Jurassic Park around here, just without the Raptors....
    catHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....I like the sculpture, and since there is a plaque, I'm guessing it's of some significance rather than "On this date, a random human stood and watched traffic"?....

GNTLGNTcatHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarsha
  • ....can't zoom in on it sir, but thank you.....
    catNotaroNeesyHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarsha
  • 24 C / 75 F which is summer. Rather cloudy today but still warm in the air. I have started to let my fan run during the day it gets a bit cooler inside.
    NotaroNeesyHedda GablercatGNTLGNTFlakeNoirMarsha
  • edited June 2021
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....can't zoom in on it sir, but thank you.....

I zoomed in on it but it appears to be in Gaelic? (the left side that is); and it's hard to read the right side of the plaque too - the last three words seem to say
    "Dublin County Council"

Hedda GablercatGNTLGNTFlakeNoirMarsha
  • It is a pretty sculpture. I hope the lass did something badass. 
    NeesycatKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirMarsha
  • It is a pretty sculpture. I hope the lass did something badass. 
    My guess is she was some famous witch that died an innocent death. Or where they earlier??
    NeesyGNTLGNTMarshaHedda Gabler
  • It's 24 C here and mostly cloudy

A good day for the guy to come and inspect our roof. We think we have found the source of the leak in the main floor bathroom - they never put a roof flashing around the pipe

Wow!

The original company apparently does not stand by their work once it is done, it seems

Anyway - sorry to go off on a tangent - just glad it's not raining down buckets!

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurbenMarshaHedda Gabler
  • ....finally was able to zoom in a bit....is the name Anne Donnelly Irish?.....I know there's an artist by that name, but she's still living I believe and the dates that I can make out o the plaque appear to be from the late 1700's to sometime in the 1800's?....
    FlakeNoircatMarshaHedda GablerNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....finally was able to zoom in a bit....is the name Anne Donnelly Irish?.....I know there's an artist by that name, but she's still living I believe and the dates that I can make out o the plaque appear to be from the late 1700's to sometime in the 1800's?....
    Think it's 1780 to 1851, can't make out the name either I'm afraid, Anne something or other. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatMarshaHedda GablerNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....finally was able to zoom in a bit....is the name Anne Donnelly Irish?.....I know there's an artist by that name, but she's still living I believe and the dates that I can make out o the plaque appear to be from the late 1700's to sometime in the 1800's?....
    Think it's 1780 to 1851, can't make out the name either I'm afraid, Anne something or other. 
    ....I'm super intrigued now....next time you venture by-could ya do a close-up for me please?.....of the plaque that is..... :D
    catFlakeNoirMarshaHedda GablerNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....I'm super intrigued now....next time you venture by-could ya do a close-up for me please?.....of the plaque that is..... :D
    Will do buddy👍
    GNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirMarshaHedda GablerNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    I think i solved it!! It might be Anne Devlin. A supporter of the failed uprising of Robert Emmet against the british in 1803. She was imprisoned, interrogated, tortured (refused to take a bribe or say anything against anyone) and later released after three years. Died in poverty in 1851 and buried in Dublin.
    catFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    I think i solved it!! It might be Anne Devlin. A supporter of the failed uprising of Robert Emmet against the british in 1803. She was imprisoned, interrogated, tortured (refused to take a bribe or say anything against anyone) and later released after three years. Died in poverty in 1851 and buried in Dublin.
    In which case I'm glad she has been honoured. 
    The terrible and constant examples of man's inhumanity to man... I've said it before and I feel the same way. We're a terribly flawed species. 
    KurbenMarshaGNTLGNTcatHedda GablerNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    In which case I'm glad she has been honoured. 
    The terrible and constant examples of man's inhumanity to man... I've said it before and I feel the same way. We're a terribly flawed species. 
    I dont know but i can imagine that anyone that has been a part of an uprising against England is a hero in Ireland. Otherwise your right.... Humanity is very seldom humans strong suit, 
    FlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTcatHedda GablerNeesy
  • Nice winter's evening. 

GNTLGNTNotarocatHedda GablerNeesy
  • ...thank you Kurb!.....that would appear to be on the mark and Irish can confirm on his next walkabout.....
    Parfait daumen hoch impeccable GIF on GIFER - by Darksinger
    FlakeNoirNotarocatKurbenHedda GablerMarshaNeesy