Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Tut, tut, looks like rain -- or sunshine or storms.....

Comments

• FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    Grey overcast day, snow this morning but turned to sleet for the afternoon, 4C/39F..

And on the heels of what I've just spoken about... dammit Irish, you're incorrigible. 🤔😄
    Look in the distance Flakes, red light, car was stationary. Scouts honour😁
    FlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNeesycat
  • edited February 2021
    We might not get above freezing between Sunday evening and Wednesday morning. That's brutal for Texas.
    ....were you anywhere near that horrendous 130 vehicle pile-up?.....
    FlakeNoirKurbenHedda Gablercat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ...those are beautiful as always Flaker.....you get to see much in the way of 4 legged critters around the water?....furfaced stick wranglers excluded......
    Not too much in the way of wildlife Scott, it's farm land so there is stock fenced off. ( cattle, sheep and deer) There are rabbits and possums (at night) both are considered pests on farmland. Mac caught a baby rabbit a while back. Of course I sat down with it and bawled my eyes out when it died in my arms, then carried it around until I could bury it once we were back near home. 😳 I'm more of a gatherer than a hunter, clearly.
    There is a ton of birdlife down the river also. 
    ....interesting....and I understand the baby bunny hurt.....we have had a couple of pooches do the same, not that they meant harm, it was canine show & tell, but the end result was the same.....wondered about deer and such, cuz they are beautiful-no matter how common they are around The Ranch.....
  • edited February 2021
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    Grey overcast day, snow this morning but turned to sleet for the afternoon, 4C/39F..

And on the heels of what I've just spoken about... dammit Irish, you're incorrigible. 🤔😄
    ....oh he's FULL of corrigible......
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gablercat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ...those are beautiful as always Flaker.....you get to see much in the way of 4 legged critters around the water?....furfaced stick wranglers excluded......
    Not too much in the way of wildlife Scott, it's farm land so there is stock fenced off. ( cattle, sheep and deer) There are rabbits and possums (at night) both are considered pests on farmland. Mac caught a baby rabbit a while back. Of course I sat down with it and bawled my eyes out when it died in my arms, then carried it around until I could bury it once we were back near home. 😳 I'm more of a gatherer than a hunter, clearly.
    ....interesting....and I understand the baby bunny hurt.....we have had a couple of pooches do the same, not that they meant harm, it was canine show & tell, but the end result was the same.....wondered about deer and such, cuz they are beautiful-no matter how common they are around The Ranch.....
    We do have wild deer, pigs, horses and goats here, I'm just not rural enough to be near them. 
    GNTLGNTNotaroKurbenHedda Gablercat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

....oh he's FULL of corrigible......
    Ayuh.. and he knows it! I'm not falling for his Scout's Honour sh*t. 😄
    NotaroKurbenHedda Gablercat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    We do have wild deer, pigs, horses and goats here, I'm just not rural enough to be near them. 
    ....we're only 2.5 miles out of town, or just a skosh over 4 kilometers....but we sit on 8 acres and are ringed with even more wooded acreage, it's why we get to enjoy so many critters and birds....

Image result for wildlife funny animal memes
    FlakeNoirNotaroKurbenHedda GablerNeesycat
  • GNTLGNT said:

....we're only 2.5 miles out of town, or just a skosh over 4 kilometers....but we sit on 8 acres and are ringed with even more wooded acreage, it's why we get to enjoy so many critters and birds....

Image result for wildlife funny animal memes
    My WTF face is for the meme... 😲😁
    What you described is gorgeous. 
    GNTLGNTNotaroKurbenHedda Gablercat
  • .....Cambridge=home, Caldwell=work.....
  • GNTLGNT said:
    .....Cambridge=home, Caldwell=work.....
    Stuck between a storm warning and an advisory....  New Zealand has barely seen either. Please be very careful there.
    GNTLGNTNotaroHedda GablerNeesycat
  • cat said:
    -9 feels like -18 this morning. Slightly better than yesterday. Hubby goes on night shifts tonight, I hope he can stay inside but this kind of cold makes things snap. Then he has to fix them. So it will be a very long 3 night stretch for him. 

You sound like you're getting the same sort of weather as us - once it gets down to minus 40 it doesn't matter whether it's Celsius or Fahrenheit, right?
    (I'm talking with the wind chill that is)

FlakeNoirNotarocatGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Beutiful winter day here! -4 C and very sunny. Enough snow to play with but not enough to be a hindrance really. They plow both roads and walkways here so you dont have to bend your back to get the snow out of the way.
    catFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • 16 F and no power since 5 am. Glad we have a gas fireplace and a Coleman stove. Plus a hand-crank radio. 
    catnot_nadineFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • -2 feels like -24. Our wind chill factor has stayed consistently between -20 and -35 for 5 days. We are supposed to be climbing out now. Today's high, 16. Tomorrow, 26. Hopefully the wind chill gets better too. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Overcast and raining, 7C/44F...

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • ....a lotta weather "WTF's".......Momma Nature isn't a happy camper...out first swath didn't amount to much, but in the AM I'm facing my "favorite" 3 letter word i-c-e....
    dammit.....Momma?......get over yerself!!....

Image result for it isnt nice to fool mother nature gif

FlakeNoirNotaroKurbenHedda GablerNeesy
  • ....everyone please be safe, careful and warm.....wish I could help with the power situation Bev....
  • Kurben said:
    Beutiful winter day here! -4 C and very sunny. Enough snow to play with but not enough to be a hindrance really. They plow both roads and walkways here so you dont have to bend your back to get the snow out of the way.
    Image result for funny snow clean up
  • edited February 2021
    ....ice storm hitting now.....fingers crossed electric stays intact.....our driveway is gravel and is now covered with snow and ice.....appears I'm going to be piloting a Nissan luge in a few hours.....cuz this crap couldn't wait till my days off......bitch, piss, whine and moan......
    NotaroFlakeNoirnot_nadineKurbenHedda GablerNeesy
  • Image result for icicle

Ice Storm heading this way too.
    KurbenFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Has rained for a couple days now but cleared this afternoon so got the dogs out for a walk after work. 

NotaroKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • After a rainy start it's turned into a nice day here... 6C/42F

FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Beautiful pictures, Irish.
    (And the prolific stop lights are both appreciated... and amusing. :p :D )
    NotaroKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy