Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Tut, tut, looks like rain -- or sunshine or storms.....

Comments

• It's nice today but we had two nights where I had to cover all the plants in the garden with old sheets.

Out of all the plants, I'm most impressed with the sunflowers this year - nice big yellow heads and lots of bees buzzing about.

I saved a bee recently. It had fallen into a bucket and was floating in there. It was dusk so I couldn't see if it was swimming.

Took it in the house and once it warmed up it started moving again. So I put him/her into a small bracelet box from the jewellers with holes punched in it. I ripped up some paper towel for bedding.

Did you know you can give bees sugar water to revive them? I tried that and it helped.

The next morning I took some unpasteurized honey and diluted it with water. Put it beside the bee on a spoon and he sucked it up. Then when I took him outside I dropped the box! He fell on the deck so then I picked him up with a bit of ripped paper towel and put him on a plant.

Happy to report he was buzzing about in no time, joining his friends to pollinate flowers

Bee Buzzing Bee GIF - Bee BuzzingBee BumbleBee - Discover  Share GIFs (Sorry for such a long story! but at least it had a happy ending)

not_nadineFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerspideymanNotaro
  • Neesy said:
    It's nice today but we had two nights where I had to cover all the plants in the garden with old sheets.

Out of all the plants, I'm most impressed with the sunflowers this year - nice big yellow heads and lots of bees buzzing about.

I saved a bee recently. It had fallen into a bucket and was floating in there. It was dusk so I couldn't see if it was swimming.

Took it in the house and once it warmed up it started moving again. So I put him/her into a small bracelet box from the jewellers with holes punched in it. I ripped up some paper towel for bedding.

Did you know you can give bees sugar water to revive them? I tried that and it helped.

The next morning I took some unpasteurized honey and diluted it with water. Put it beside the bee on a spoon and he sucked it up. Then when I took him outside I dropped the box! He fell on the deck so then I picked him up with a bit of ripped paper towel and put him on a plant.

Happy to report he was buzzing about in no time, joining his friends to pollinate flowers

Bee Buzzing Bee GIF - Bee BuzzingBee BumbleBee - Discover  Share GIFs (Sorry for such a long story! but at least it had a happy ending)

...bee's need as much saving as the Monarchs....nicely done....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirspideymanNotaroNeesy
  • ....Dammit Sally!......
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • Jeez, nothing says "happy birthday" like fecking Mustang Sally ripping in at high speed.
    Thanks, Sally.

Stay safe everyone. <3 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Jeez, nothing says "happy birthday" like fecking Mustang Sally ripping in at high speed.
    Thanks, Sally.

Stay safe everyone. <3 
    ...exactly!....nothin’ says Happy Happy like a lap full of hail.....
    Hedda GablerNotaroNeesy
  • Nice day today, cloudy but some blue sky breaking through, 13C/55F.

FlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    Nice day today, cloudy but some blue sky breaking through, 13C/55F.

...be a great pic to photoshop a Martian war machine into!.....

War of the Worlds Alien Tripod 1144 Kit-Historic Rail
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Do it!  I want to see that.

GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Do it!  I want to see that.

....I ain't got no Photoshop..........dammit...... :p
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • damn! That would look great though.
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • You've seen those paintings where someone buys some random scene at The Goodwill and then they add in monsters or robots or whatever.  I love those.  I should do that, that would be fun.
    NotaroFlakeNoir
  • Still overast with periodic feeder bands from Sally. Light rain, not much wind. Thoughts go out to all in Sally path.  Positives, mornings have been in the 70'sF. Nice. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Beautiful afternoon here 21C/69F...

Hedda GablerspideymanGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • We have warmed right back up after our freak snow last week. Yesterday was 91 again and today is supposed to be 89. 
    NotaroHedda GablerspideymanGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • spideyman said:
    Still overast with periodic feeder bands from Sally. Light rain, not much wind. Thoughts go out to all in Sally path.  Positives, mornings have been in the 70'sF. Nice. 
    SALLY SUCKS AND STUPID STUFF - YouTube
    spideymanHedda GablercatFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Susannorton needs to check in from that last storm. 
    catGNTLGNTspideyman
  • Susannorton needs to check in from that last storm. 
    Crap! Did I forget to tell you?! 😲 Damn, sorry girl... she was fine.🙂
    NotaroGNTLGNTcatHedda Gablerspideyman
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Susannorton needs to check in from that last storm. 
    ....Dammit Flake!....This is why we can’t have a nice Board..... :D  :D :D :D
    NotaroFlakeNoircatHedda Gablerspideyman
  • GNTLGNT said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Susannorton needs to check in from that last storm. 
    ....Dammit Flake!....This is why we can’t have a nice Board..... :D  :D :D :D
    I know right?! 🤣
    I'm such a jerk, 😲 sorry everyone... been a little distracted lately. 
    NotarocatHedda GablerspideymanGNTLGNT
  • Just glad to hear she is okay.
    FlakeNoirspideymanGNTLGNT
  • Just glad to hear she is okay.
    I'm really sorry...😢 I had contacted her privately on FB and she got back to me, I asked her if it was okay to let people know here that she was okay, she didn't reply to that one and I forgot to tell you... I'm so sorry about that.  😧
    NotarospideymanNeesyGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Another beautiful day, 16C/60F...

FlakeNoirspideymanNeesyGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Notaro said:
    Another beautiful day, 16C/60F...

Beautiful... absolutely gorgeous. <3 
    NotarospideymanGNTLGNTHedda Gabler