Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Tut, tut, looks like rain -- or sunshine or storms.....

Comments

• Notaro said:
    Neesy said:
    Thunderstorms and quite a bit of rain here on Sunday - gonna have to get the bathroom ceiling looked at - the paint is peeling on the ceiling - hope that the roof is okay! Yikes

Are there any stains on the ceiling neesy? 

That's right - you do work on houses, don't you? No stain put the paint is peeling badly. (Maybe I should send you a photo) I was wondering if maybe it is due to the steam because I don't think the ceiling fan in there is working properly. Too bad you couldn't come over to have a look but that's a long flight from Ireland!

NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirOut of Order
  • Neesy said:
    Notaro said:
    Neesy said:
    Thunderstorms and quite a bit of rain here on Sunday - gonna have to get the bathroom ceiling looked at - the paint is peeling on the ceiling - hope that the roof is okay! Yikes

That's right - you do work on houses, don't you? No stain put the paint is peeling badly. (Maybe I should send you a photo) I was wondering if maybe it is due to the steam because I don't think the ceiling fan in there is working properly. Too bad you couldn't come over to have a look but that's a long flight from Ireland!

If it's just peeling then it could be the effects of prolonged condensation, you need to scrape away all the loose paint flakes and seal it up, polybond will do, and then when it's dry emulsion it. The way to avoid it is to open the window when the shower is being used, or keep they extractor fan going whilst the shower is in use. 
    NeesyHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirOut of Order
  • Notaro said:
    Neesy said:
    Notaro said:
    Neesy said:

If it's just peeling then it could be the effects of prolonged condensation, you need to scrape away all the loose paint flakes and seal it up, polybond will do, and then when it's dry emulsion it. The way to avoid it is to open the window when the shower is being used, or keep they extractor fan going whilst the shower is in use. 

Thanks - sorry to hijack the weather thread! - that is much appreciated

NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirOut of Order
  • Neesy said:
    Notaro said:
    Neesy said:
    Notaro said:
    Neesy said:

Thanks - sorry to hijack the weather thread! - that is much appreciated

No worries 😀
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirOut of Order
  • Tropics getting active again.

NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirOut of OrderNeesy
  • ....two days of blue skies in Ireland and another tropical mess.....

100 PROOF WE ARE IN THE END TIMES - YouTube  The bible movie Reap what  you sow Told you so
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirOut of OrderNotarospideymanNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....two days of blue skies in Ireland and another tropical mess.....

100 PROOF WE ARE IN THE END TIMES - YouTube  The bible movie Reap what  you sow Told you so
    No it's ok Scott, cancel armageddon it's raining again🙄...

spideymanOut of OrderNeesyFlakeNoir
  • Heat continues, Index(feels like) well into the 100's. After noon T storms.
    Tropics active.
    Out of OrderHedda GablerNeesyNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Today feels like a beautiful Fall day

Yesterday was awful - a plant stand on my deck was blown over by a very strong gust of wind

It was so cool in the afternoon and evening I put a little space heater on to keep my Siamese cat warm - he loves heat!

Hedda GablerNotaroOut of OrderFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Nice today... 17C/62F

Hedda GablerOut of OrderFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....two days of blue skies in Ireland and another tropical mess.....

No it's ok Scott, cancel armageddon it's raining again🙄...

Whew Relief GIF - Whew Relief Phew - Discover  Share GIFs
    Hedda GablerOut of OrderFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Getting really cool here in the evenings - I'm sorry to see the summer go but hoping we won't have a truly harsh winter this year (fingers crossed)

FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTspideyman
  • It was 99 here yesterday. Will be 81 today. Tomorrow our high will be 58 with rain turning into SNOW late Monday night. 

spideymanFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • cat said:
    It was 99 here yesterday. Will be 81 today. Tomorrow our high will be 58 with rain turning into SNOW late Monday night. 

....I read where the weather was taking a bi-polar turn.....shorts and snow boots....I'm tellin' ya, that SCREAMS sexy.....
    catNeesyHedda GablerFlakeNoirspideyman
  • Raining on and off all morning, 🙄 sky looks oppressive....

FlakeNoircatHedda GablerspideymanGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Cold start, beautiful day...

NotarocatHedda GablerspideymanGNTLGNTNeesy
  • It's snowing. 😕
    Hedda Gablernot_nadineFlakeNoirspideymanGNTLGNTNeesy
  • 10:30 am in my when. 36F, feels like 28. Still mostly cloudy. The snow gathered on the grass and cars, more than an inch probably. I was expecting it to be pretty slushy but Scott scooped some off the deck around 11:30 last night and it made a solid snowball. 

Bye bye flowers and green trees. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirspideymanNeesy
  • cat said:
    10:30 am in my when. 36F, feels like 28. Still mostly cloudy. The snow gathered on the grass and cars, more than an inch probably. I was expecting it to be pretty slushy but Scott scooped some off the deck around 11:30 last night and it made a solid snowball. 

Bye bye flowers and green trees. 
    That just sucks. Way too soon for snow.

Did you ever figure out what was killing your trees?
    catNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Nope, I never got around to calling anyone. Scott trimmed the plum tree and maple tree and the new runners just TOOK OFF growing. So I don't know what is happening. The aspen he did not trim and it has new runners too. I have noticed some trees all around town doing the same thing. Very strange. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • cat said:
    Nope, I never got around to calling anyone. Scott trimmed the plum tree and maple tree and the new runners just TOOK OFF growing. So I don't know what is happening. The aspen he did not trim and it has new runners too. I have noticed some trees all around town doing the same thing. Very strange. 
    Make sure those runners don't have these human sized pods attached.  
    catNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • At least then I'd have an answer. 😃
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Beautiful day, a bit of a chill in the air, 11C/51F

catGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • It's only 70 degrees this morning, high of 86 -- much cooler than it's been around here in a long time. I have my office window open.
    spideymanFlakeNoirNeesyGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro