Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Tut, tut, looks like rain -- or sunshine or storms.....

Comments

• 7 C here today which is warm for the season but they say the below zero temps will arrive after the weekend, about tuesday, so we might get a white christmas. It somehow feels more christmassy with snow on the ground!!
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerMarshacatNeesy
  • Nice day today... 8C/46F....

FlakeNoirKurbenMarshaGNTLGNTcatHedda GablerNeesy
  • Irish... it's time for a career change.  
    (I'd buy your calendars 😁)

NotaroKurbenMarshaGNTLGNTcatHedda Gabler
  • Lots of this kind of thing this week, there was a break in the crud briefly after work today, but I took a video of the dogs instead of any snaps.  This is from yesterday. 

NotaroKurbenMarshaGNTLGNTcatHedda GablerNeesy
  • ...wowser!.....
    NotaroKurbenFlakeNoirMarshacatHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...wowser!.....
    And the excessive rain brought down an old tree which is carving a chunk out of the stabilising bank behind our back fence.

NotaroMarshacatKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • That remaining tree is pretty precariously placed Flakes😳 
    FlakeNoirMarshacatHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    That remaining tree is pretty precariously placed Flakes😳 
    I know... 😔 there's very little bank left in that spot, this was yesterday. I think it's worse today. 
    The roots of that topped willow may actually save that bit, I'm hoping so anyway. 🥺
    I love my trees, my little baby (1-year-old) Kowhai is currently underneath the top of the downed willow. It has survived, incredibly. ❤
    MarshacatKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Yikes! Looks like someone was lucky they weren't sitting in one of those chairs unless it's farther away from the edge than it appears in the photo.
    NotaroFlakeNoircatKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Marsha said:
    Yikes! Looks like someone was lucky they weren't sitting in one of those chairs unless it's farther away from the edge than it appears in the photo.
    The torrential rain has kept butt's off chairs, so unlikely anyone would have been there, thankfully. 🙂
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • ....I don't know how it works in Kiwiville, but you need to get some steel I-Beams placed along that bank before all hell breaks loose.....don't want to see anyone hurt or property sliding over the brink.....
    NotaroKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarsha
  • Finally a beautiful day.

NotaroHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Beautiful snaps❤️

The water level seems to have dropped Flakes? How is the bank beside your back fence holding up? 🤔
    FlakeNoirKurbenMarshaGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Beautiful snaps❤️

The water level seems to have dropped Flakes? How is the bank beside your back fence holding up? 🤔
    The water is dropping, and the bank appears to be settling.  Once we cut and remove the tree we will work on stabilising the bank. 
    NotaroMarshaGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    Beautiful snaps❤️

The water is dropping, and the bank appears to be settling.  Once we cut and remove the tree we will work on stabilising the bank. 
    That's good news. Without meaning to sound preachy but please be careful chopping that tree up, it fcuking huge😳
    FlakeNoirKurbenMarshaGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    Beautiful snaps❤️

That's good news. Without meaning to sound preachy but please be careful chopping that tree up, it fcuking huge😳
    We will be very careful, I promise. We'll try to anchor the trunk end with ropes before chainsawing. Trees are so unpredictable during cutting when they're this heavy.
    MarshaGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • On the plus side you won't need to buy firewood for a very long time🤔
    FlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    On the plus side you won't need to buy firewood for a very long time🤔
    Sadly willow burns like paper, but it's good to mix in with the other longer burning firewood. 
    NotaroKurbenHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNT
  • The cold front stormed through yesterday -- it was over 70 in the morning and in the 40s in the evening with many gallons of rain falling in between. 
    MarshaKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Overcast grey day.... 8C/46F....

MarshaGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • 3 C here but below zero weather is expected tuesday and will remain over the holidays. Possible snow, very little in that case on thursday, but i do hope we will have a white christmas even if its just a few cm snow. So much cheerier. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    Sadly willow burns like paper, but it's good to mix in with the other longer burning firewood. 
    ....mayhap this could be of service?.....

Ramtec Excavator mounted piling rig - Lesanco ApS
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirMarsha
  • ....cloudy?....same here, still-I love the holiday "cheer" in the pics bro....and Kurb?.....I agree, just a dusting of snow to fulfill the White Christmas yearning.....
    KurbenNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    ....mayhap this could be of service?.....

Ramtec Excavator mounted piling rig - Lesanco ApS
    Oh, if only...
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshaKurben