Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Tut, tut, looks like rain -- or sunshine or storms.....

Comments

• Nice morning, 16C/60F..

FlakeNoirHedda GablerMarshaspideymanKurbenGNTLGNTcat
  • ...remnants of Ida saturated our area today......not a complaint, cuz we didn't face the tremendous devastation, just an observation....
    catKurbenFlakeNoirNotaroMarshaHedda Gabler
  • edited September 2021
    Tornados, damage and terrible flooding last night. The moving company can not get up here to move my BF in today.  :(  Sending good vibes to all impacted.
    KurbenNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshacatNeesy
  • Tornados, damage and terrible flooding last night. The moving company can not get up here to move my BF in today.  :(  Sending good vibes to all impacted.
    ....hugs and big positive vibes Nottie....
    Hedda GablerKurbennot_nadineFlakeNoirMarshacat
  • Beautiful autumn weather peeking in the door. 
    not_nadineFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTcat
  • A beautiful Spring day...

NotaroKurbenMarshaHedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • Gorgeous snaps Flakes😍
    FlakeNoirKurbenMarshaHedda GablerGNTLGNTcatNeesy
  • A grey day, 16C/60F....

FlakeNoirKurbenMarshaHedda Gablercat
  • Such pretty shots flakers. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • Notaro said:
    Gorgeous snaps Flakes😍
    Such pretty shots flakers. 
    Thanks guys. 💚💜 I'd wanted to get the Dr. Seuss trees with a blue-day background. 
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • ...it's been a fat man's dream the last couple of days here...70's during the day and low 50's ti high 40's at night....so cool a couple of nights ago-we drug the fire pit out of the garage and loaded it up with wood and had a tiny little bonfire!....
    Sunnydaze Outdoor Camping Or Backyard Steel Victorian Fire Pit Bowl With  Handles And Spark Screen - 25quot - Black  Target

Hedda GablerKurbencatFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • Tornados, damage and terrible flooding last night. The moving company can not get up here to move my BF in today.  :(  Sending good vibes to all impacted.
    Did they have better luck today?
    catFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Cloudy and cool here today. Only 66. Little bit of rain earlier. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Another grey day.... 13C/55F...

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablercatNeesy
    Did they have better luck today?
    They have scheduled it for Monday.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablercatNeesy
  • Cloudy but warm today.... 21C/69F....

GNTLGNTHedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • ....I know it sounds morbid, but the close proximity of the graves fascinates me....it's been discussed, as least tangentially-still, such a contrast to the acreage used by US cemeteries...
    KurbenHedda Gablercat
  • Yeah they're boxed in there pretty good Scott, land is at a premium here, so there's generally no large plots available, the same grave is doubled or treble used by some families. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablercatNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Yeah they're boxed in there pretty good Scott, land is at a premium here, so there's generally no large plots available, the same grave is doubled or treble used by some families. 
    ...not really appropriate for a weather thread I guess, but has cremation become a popular alternative?....it has here, just because of cost....
    KurbenHedda Gablercat
  • Cremation is definitely becoming a preferred choice, not least because of the financial aspect. It breaks my heart when I go up to the cemetery just seeing the amount of neglected graves. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gablercat
  • Notaro said:
    Cremation is definitely becoming a preferred choice, not least because of the financial aspect. It breaks my heart when I go up to the cemetery just seeing the amount of neglected graves. 
    ...same here, so many families that have returned to dust and no one left to care for their eternal beds....
    NotaroKurbenHedda Gablercat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    Cremation is definitely becoming a preferred choice, not least because of the financial aspect. It breaks my heart when I go up to the cemetery just seeing the amount of neglected graves. 
    ...same here, so many families that have returned to dust and no one left to care for their eternal beds....
    its about the same here. On our trip we saw loads of cemeteries where they had announced, at some graves, they the signs wpuld be taken down and the ground reused for new graves. A rather new practice but the graveyards are very full and the graves that noone cares about any longer takes the bullet. The archaeologist in me cries. Theres is so much history to get out of graves and gravesigns that its a shame. The pragmatist in me understands the reason but  still.......
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTcatNeesy
  • ...."recycled graveyards".....gotta be a story in that.....I need to mull that over.....
    NotaroHedda GablerKurbencat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...."recycled graveyards".....gotta be a story in that.....I need to mull that over.....
    Of course there is. When they dig down and take the graves up they will hear a voice...... "At last i'm free!" and the dead will room around the land seeking for the ancestor that decided not to take care of the grave. Until he finds him, pr her, and takes him with him to the land beyond he will find no rest. No ordinary zombies these, they have motivation to find a particular person. It has a moral (take care of thy ancestors or else!), an actionfilled script and situated far away from big cities. What else do a boxoffice hit need??
    catGNTLGNTNeesy