Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Random Thoughts

Comments

• Would any of you go in a tourist sub to see the Titanic?  

Look. I had problems going on The Submarine Voyage at Disneyland back in the day. ( which i guess they closed in the 1990s and  brought back as a finding nemo thing. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Would any of you go in a tourist sub to see the Titanic?  

Look. I had problems going on The Submarine Voyage at Disneyland back in the day. ( which i guess they closed in the 1990s and  brought back as a finding nemo thing. 
    ...I would, but I'd probably have to wear the damn thing....they ain't made for mutant Village Idiots like me....hopefully if this becomes a thing, they avoid any further damage to the remains and treat the site as what it is....a grave, which deserves reverence and respect....
    FlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • I would not. I'd probably watch others do it though. 🤔

I hope they find them before it's too late. 🤞🙏🥹🥺😔
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Neither would i. I once was in sub only used to dive a few meters to look at the fishlife around a coralreef. That was interesting. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • ....if NASA were to send a mission to space to say sorry to the aliens, would they call it "APOLLO-G"?.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • I'm beginning to get pessimistic about the chances of getting that sub up in time. Finding it is only the first part, how to get it to the surface is just as problematic. I really hope i'm wrong.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited June 2023
    Kurben said:
    I'm beginning to get pessimistic about the chances of getting that sub up in time. Finding it is only the first part, how to get it to the surface is just as problematic. I really hope i'm wrong.
    Yes. The whole thing sounds bleak. I don’t understand why these vessels aren’t loaded with individual alert beacons, independent of each other. One malfunctions, the others are still possibly working. I swear, I’d want this thing loaded with tracking devices. 
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT
  • It's awful, really horrible. The countdown makes me feel sick in my stomach for them and their poor loved ones. 🥺
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • .....unfortunately, my rather large gut is not giving me the feels of a good outcome.... :(
    KurbenHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    .....unfortunately, my rather large gut is not giving me the feels of a good outcome.... :(
    Yeah, my also a bit too large gut agrees with yours....
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • When you accidentally spam block yourself in a MB chat.
    😂
    I ah... will finish my sentence later. 😁
    KurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Just saw some news about the sub that made me a little angry. This sub, as the only sub that can go this deep, was not certified. It was not tested if it could endure things that might happen at that deep. All other Subs that can go that deep is. And when the VD of the company was asked about this some time ago (long before the dive started) he just answered loftily that certification stifles innovation. What the Heck!! Safety first out the window. Knowing that you cpuldnät have payed me to be on that sub. Also his decision not to install a beacon that sends out signals in cases like this.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • ...and the Web has gone berserk with tasteless memes over the situation....
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoir
  • I just don’t get why safety wouldn’t be number one. It’s just negligent. 

They have found a debris field— i can’t imagine. 
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited June 2023
    Holy hell. I’m watching some dipshit who took a trip on Titan — he loved the simplistic nature of how it was put together with chewed gum and some tree sap. A game controller. A couple fans that look like they could sit on your desk in an office.  Wtf. No. Three miles down, i want the most sophisticated equipment. I want beacons all over this thing.  Wasn’t a route mapped out ahead of time? 

An implosion means crushed.  Did implosion happen at time of radio loss? Or, was there time to get them before implosion happened?  Once the implosion happened, there was zero hope for survival. None. But if there was a window of time they could have got them, rescue ships, vessels should have been traveling with them. At 250,000 dollars each, these people could have made this craft as safe as possible. 

This was not the submarine voyage at Disneyland. These are people’s lives.

Greed. Wah wah wah. Safety? They wanted money for another bottle of 1000 dollar wine instead of a tracking beacon because that’s how these corrupt bastards roll. 
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited June 2023
    Okay, a guy speaking and does make sense.  If the titan lost communications and knew there was a problem, they could drop weight to bring the submersible up. We don’t know for sure, and may never, but this guy said it looked like whatever happened did so quickly as he didn’t think they dropped any weight. How he knows this or if he is just guessing, not sure. 

I hope they can recover debris so we have answers. People are asking about remains recovery . I don’t think there would be bodies to bring up. Not trying to be macabre, but wouldn’t the bodies just be crushed? I don’t know the science of a human body under such pressure. But, they said the depth they were at was like the weight of an iron Empire State Building on the sub. So, no recovery? Even if they could find them?
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • They have found some debris thought to come from the sub. If thats correct it means they are dead. A quick death too. The find suggest that the sub for some reason imploded. Then the recovery of bodies are rather unlikely sadly.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • ...from what I've read, it appears that the implosion happened soon after the sub descended....gosh/golly/wowser secret squirrel tracking tech picked up the sound of what was suspected to be an implosion and that was transmitted to the Coast Guard so they could narrow the search vector...as far as remains, I have to say that's a vain hope....that type of pressure would leave little if anything and the sea would snatch that away....this was an ill-advised expedition that saw hubris overcome common sense, and the Reaper laughed.....
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoir
  • edited June 2023
    GNTLGNT said:
    ...from what I've read, it appears that the implosion happened soon after the sub descended....gosh/golly/wowser secret squirrel tracking tech picked up the sound of what was suspected to be an implosion and that was transmitted to the Coast Guard so they could narrow the search vector...as far as remains, I have to say that's a vain hope....that type of pressure would leave little if anything and the sea would snatch that away....this was an ill-advised expedition that saw hubris overcome common sense, and the Reaper laughed.....
    This what an engineer had to say:

” It is now official that all 5 members of the OceanGate, Inc. capsule died following a catastrophic implosion of the vessel.

As an engineer, I wanted to add the following explanations:

When a submarine hull collapses, it moves inward at about 1,500 miles per hour - that’s 2,200 feet per second.
    The time required for complete collapse is 20 / 2,200 seconds = about 1 millisecond.

A human brain responds instinctually to stimulus at about 25 milliseconds. Human rational response (sense→reason→act) is at best 150 milliseconds.

The air inside a sub has a fairly high concentration of hydrocarbon vapors.

When the hull collapses it behaves like a very large piston on a very large Diesel engine.

The air auto-ignites and an explosion follows the initial rapid implosion. Large blobs of fat (that would be humans) incinerate and are turned to ash and dust quicker than you can blink your eye."

Someone comments there wouldn’t have been no hydrocarbons in air because it was all electric.  Everything was outside the capsule. 

But the fat aspect would incinerate from outside tanks exploding.  

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited June 2023
    Ok. I really recommend a listen to an interview given by James Cameron .  Fascinating stuff. 

Apparently there was a tracker on this sub, but it and communications went out at same time — implosion. 

Also, the sub had censors inside to notify them of cracking — delaminating James called it — and he said, apparently the people in the sub must have received that warning as they had dropped weights and were trying to surface. So they were aware they were screwed. 

Wow. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ....honestly, the thing looked slap-dash to start with...I think the toy subs you put Alka-Seltzer tabs in when I was a kid would have had a better chance of surfacing....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Fuck might be the most versatile word in the English language.
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • ....put rum in a cake and everybody loves it, add Ex-Lax to brownies and everybody loses their shit....
    FlakeNoirHedda Gabler