Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• Yeah it's always tough going in after a break, I don't envy you Scott, that's an extremely tough job at the best of times. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirspideymanHedda GablerOut of Orderdoyoulove19Sundropcat
  • Notaro said:
    Yeah it's always tough going in after a break, I don't envy you Scott, that's an extremely tough job at the best of times. 
    ....thanks buddy.....I just have less and less tolerance for bureaucratic BS, and CoVid has brought out the "best".....
    FlakeNoirspideymanHedda GablerOut of Orderdoyoulove19Sundropcat
  • Yeah, I said that to my daughter, in this pandemic you'll see everyone's true colours. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerOut of Orderdoyoulove19Sundropcat
  • Free Funny Monday Cliparts Download Free Clip Art Free Clip Art(((all in need or not)))
    NotaroFlakeNoirdoyoulove19Out of OrderSundropGNTLGNTcat
  • spideyman said:
    Free Funny Monday Cliparts Download Free Clip Art Free Clip Art(((all in need or not)))
    I'm not able to click on anything to see the image. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • Sundrop said:
    Just checking in for a minute or two.  Spent yesterday on the river until the thunderstorm ran us into the barn to seek shelter.  We waited out the storm with good friends and tall tales.  It was nice to just hang out with friends and laugh for a bit.
    What was the most unusual thing you saw on your kayak adventures?

Glad you enjoyed yourself.
    Okay, I'll try again.  I need a Kayak story,@Sundrop
    This is more of a tubing story, but we were on the river, so I guess it counts.
    On one of our Sunday trips, we met up with Laura's brother Tim and his wife. Many moons ago, I dated Tim and we've always been friends.  Anyway, it started storming and of course, we all ran for Charles's barn.  Charles greets us by singing "There's an old flame burning", and we all laugh.....Tim's wife is a really good sport, btw.  
    So, we're all sitting in the barn, drinking and watching lightning strike the power lines.....it's an amazing experience to be that close to see something like that.  When the storm stopped, there was a huge puddle in the field in front of the barn.  I look at Tim and shout, "I'll give you TEN DOLLARS if you'll run out there, dive into the puddle, spin around and run back!"  He asks if I have ten dollars, and Laura says she'll spot me until we get back to her house.  Tim rips off his shirt, runs out to the puddle dives in, and comes back.  He looks at me and says "Marlee, that was so much fun, I'm not even gonna charge you."  (they all call me Marlee, but no one else is allowed).  
    Seeing that Tim had so much fun, another friend, Ian decides he'll give it a go. So both he and Tim do the puddle dive.  Ian says that was so much fun that he'll do it every time it rains.  Ian and his wife are from South Africa, btw.....I love their accent.  Ian gave Laura and me cucumbers, and we all left the barn for home.  
    On the way back to Laura's house, we decided to check at the park and see if anyone rushed away in the storm and left anything good behind.  We found some shirts, a nice water bottle, a ball cap that belonged to someone named Eli (which has been replaced by a daisy), several towels, some reading glasses, a pair of deck shoes big enough for a clown, and some good rope.  Driving back to Laura's we're going slow, looking along the roadside for other treasures.  I spotted a large white package that looked a lot like one of those pop up tent things.  Laura stopped, and I tossed it in the back of her car.  We get back to her house, and pull it out of the car and open it up.  We thought it odd that it was unopened, but excitedly cut the plastic away.  Imagine our surprise when we learned that it was not a tent at all.....it was in fact, a brand new plastic cover for fiber optic line belonging to AT&T.  We sheepishly took it back and tossed it out where we thought we found it, and vowed we'd never tell Charles or Tim and his wife.  
    Notarodoyoulove19spideymanGNTLGNTOut of OrderHedda GablerFlakeNoircat
  • Sundrop said:
    Sundrop said:
    Just checking in for a minute or two.  Spent yesterday on the river until the thunderstorm ran us into the barn to seek shelter.  We waited out the storm with good friends and tall tales.  It was nice to just hang out with friends and laugh for a bit.

On one of our Sunday trips, we met up with Laura's brother Tim and his wife. Many moons ago, I dated Tim and we've always been friends.  Anyway, it started storming and of course, we all ran for Charles's barn.  Charles greets us by singing "There's an old flame burning", and we all laugh.....Tim's wife is a really good sport, btw.  
    So, we're all sitting in the barn, drinking and watching lightning strike the power lines.....it's an amazing experience to be that close to see something like that.  When the storm stopped, there was a huge puddle in the field in front of the barn.  I look at Tim and shout, "I'll give you TEN DOLLARS if you'll run out there, dive into the puddle, spin around and run back!"  He asks if I have ten dollars, and Laura says she'll spot me until we get back to her house.  Tim rips off his shirt, runs out to the puddle dives in, and comes back.  He looks at me and says "Marlee, that was so much fun, I'm not even gonna charge you."  (they all call me Marlee, but no one else is allowed).  
    Seeing that Tim had so much fun, another friend, Ian decides he'll give it a go. So both he and Tim do the puddle dive.  Ian says that was so much fun that he'll do it every time it rains.  Ian and his wife are from South Africa, btw.....I love their accent.  Ian gave Laura and me cucumbers, and we all left the barn for home.  
    On the way back to Laura's house, we decided to check at the park and see if anyone rushed away in the storm and left anything good behind.  We found some shirts, a nice water bottle, a ball cap that belonged to someone named Eli (which has been replaced by a daisy), several towels, some reading glasses, a pair of deck shoes big enough for a clown, and some good rope.  Driving back to Laura's we're going slow, looking along the roadside for other treasures.  I spotted a large white package that looked a lot like one of those pop up tent things.  Laura stopped, and I tossed it in the back of her car.  We get back to her house, and pull it out of the car and open it up.  We thought it odd that it was unopened, but excitedly cut the plastic away.  Imagine our surprise when we learned that it was not a tent at all.....it was in fact, a brand new plastic cover for fiber optic line belonging to AT&T.  We sheepishly took it back and tossed it out where we thought we found it, and vowed we'd never tell Charles or Tim and his wife.  
    .....THAT'S where I left my deck shoes!!!!.....
    person sitting wearing gray formal suit pair blue leather shoes  leather  Pxfuel
    Notarodoyoulove19Out of OrderSundropHedda GablerspideymanFlakeNoircat
  • Sundrop said:
    Sundrop said:

This reminded me of the Sopranos episode where they stole fiber optic line, and it was worth a lot of money!
    NotarospideymanFlakeNoirSundropdoyoulove19GNTLGNTcat
  • Flowery World - v   Happy  Blessed Tuesday  (((all in need or not)))
    FlakeNoirNotaroSundropdoyoulove19Hedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • 63 Best ITS ONLY TUESDAY images  Tuesday quotes Good morning tuesday Its  only tuesday....and I have a mandated overtime shift....have to be in by 1am tomorrow and work till 1pm.....
    Hedda Gablerdoyoulove19SundropFlakeNoirspideymancatNotaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    63 Best ITS ONLY TUESDAY images  Tuesday quotes Good morning tuesday Its  only tuesday....and I have a mandated overtime shift....have to be in by 1am tomorrow and work till 1pm.....

That shift work wears you out amigo, I remember it well.
    doyoulove19Hedda GablerFlakeNoirspideymancatNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Hey guys, we are home! We got home yesterday afternoon but everyone was beat. I'm still pretty worn out, really. 

We had a great time. Explored some new areas, I finally got to see moose! 2 of them, not even a mile from our camp. So so so awesome! Lily kept us in stitches, this was all brand new to her. I think she wondered just what the hell we were doing. 😄 

Have some great pics I will share soon. Lily goes in to be spayed tomorrow, so we are nervous about that. 

In other news, I FINALLY got our $2056 back from the travel company. They have filed chapter 11 bankruptcy...sorry for that, but still say they could have and should have handled all this better. But we are very grateful to have our money back. 

Hope everyone is doing well! I will try to get all caught up soon and post some pics. Big hugs and positive vibes to all! ❤
    SundropHedda GablerFlakeNoirspideymandoyoulove19GNTLGNT
  • cat said:
    Hey guys, we are home! We got home yesterday afternoon but everyone was beat. I'm still pretty worn out, really. 

We had a great time. Explored some new areas, I finally got to see moose! 2 of them, not even a mile from our camp. So so so awesome! Lily kept us in stitches, this was all brand new to her. I think she wondered just what the hell we were doing. 😄 

Have some great pics I will share soon. Lily goes in to be spayed tomorrow, so we are nervous about that. 

In other news, I FINALLY got our $2056 back from the travel company. They have filed chapter 11 bankruptcy...sorry for that, but still say they could have and should have handled all this better. But we are very grateful to have our money back. 

Hope everyone is doing well! I will try to get all caught up soon and post some pics. Big hugs and positive vibes to all! ❤
    Hoooorayyyy on all of the above.  You had a great time, Lily did not invite in any vampires, and you got your money back.  I am so relieved for you that this is finally taken care of.  

Please let us know how Lily does with her lady-part operation.  I am sending her all the best.  Kiss her soft little face.
    catFlakeNoirspideymandoyoulove19GNTLGNT
  • Welcome back Cat, delighted you had a great time. Excellent news about the cash refund, lord knows you were waiting long enough to get it back.  What Hedda said, about Lily. ditto.. 
    catHedda GablerFlakeNoirspideymandoyoulove19GNTLGNT
  • Welcome back Cat. Sound like the vacay was relaxing and fun  Yes to 2 moose!!!  Healing vibes for Lily.
    NotaroHedda Gablercatdoyoulove19GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ....hoping all things will be well well well with Lily.....
    Stephen Colbert - WELL WELL WELL GIF by Reactions  Gfycat
    catdoyoulove19FlakeNoirspideymanNotaroHedda Gabler
  • THURSDAY NIGHT OPEN THREAD  The Heart Beat

(((all in need or not)))
    Notarodoyoulove19catFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • GNTLGNT said:
    The Most Surprising Thursday Memes
    Well, I probably wouldn't have put it quite like that... :D 
    spideymanGNTLGNTdoyoulove19Hedda Gablercat

• (((all in need or not)))
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTdoyoulove19Hedda GablercatSundrop
  • Happy Friday, Tet!!