Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

PODCASTS

Comments

• edited June 2023
    StokerCon Pittsburgh 2023 will be starting free on youtube in about 20 ish minutes. If anyone is interested. I am curious so I’ll be watching.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ...had to look it up... frickin' sweet!....didn't know there was such a conflab....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Okay. I choked up for Cynthia pelayo. I’ve read one of her books and it was so good. 

I liked the shirt the guy had on who presented a poetry award, but I couldn’t read it — something about Carrie!

love Michael Arnzen . He told me i was “audacious” and I’m taking that as a compliment because he sent me a book and a very creative audio recording he did because my adorable audaciousness touched his heart.  😄

who was the very first guy who spoke? Audio wasn’t working at all. 

How heartbreaking about Karen Lansdale.  Oh man! This sweet guy. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • BBC Radio - The Beast Must Die

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • edited July 2023
    A podcast called Talking Scared has an episode with Mike Flanagan discussing The Dark Tower series. This is the best interview I’ve ever heard about making that epic into a series. 

You hear the absolute love and passion for the story/stories— he quotes moments. You feel him desperately wanting to do right by this. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • BBC Radio - The Road ( By Nigel Kneale)

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited August 2023
    I faithfully listen to a podcast of streamer/gamer guys, 2 British, 1 Canadian. ( they all live in England).
     They are in their late 30s, maybe just 40. They talk about everything and i find it interesting to see what goes through men’s minds. An anthropological spying on my part. 

They got on the topic of Stephen King. Now, I really would consider all 3 way above average in intelligence, but they barely knew anything about Stephen. Mostly trashed him. My little jaw was hanging low, wobblin’ to and fro.  I just could not believe people could be so obtuse on such an important literary figure. 

culture shock on my part?  Is he just not as big as I thought he was in Europe?
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I faithfully listen to a podcast of streamer/gamer guys, 2 British, 1 Canadian. ( they all live in England).
     They are in their late 30s, maybe just 40. They talk about everything and i find it interesting to see what goes through men’s minds. An anthropological spying on my part. 

They got on the topic of Stephen King. Now, I really would consider all 3 way above average in intelligence, but they barely knew anything about Stephen. Mostly trashed him. My little jaw was hanging low, wobblin’ to and fro.  I just could not believe people could be so obtuse on such an important literary figure. 

culture shock on my part?  Is he just not as big as I thought he was in Europe?
    I'm constantly surprised by how often I come across people here that actually do not know him. I scratch my head and think really?!
    Perhaps he's more genre-specific than I'd thought?
    GNTLGNT
  • ....there's only one conclusion.....they are replicants and have no true idea of what it means to be a Constant Reader.....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerKurben
  • It has surprised me but I think I'm coming to realise that he is famous country-wide in the U.S, but more (and I fucken hate to say this) genre-wide outside of it. 
    I think his writing spans several genres, of course. But I think when he draws in new readers, it's because they learn about him through other like-minded reading.
    It's possible there are whole groups of people that may never know who he is, simply because of their taste in stories.
    Though, these lines could be blurring more and more because of exposure to multiple sources through social media, but your three guys there point to that maybe not being true? 🤔
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • That Talking Scared Podcast with Sai King was fantastic! Kudos to the host.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Loved this. Very casual and genuine. He wasn’t “on.”  Just a discussion. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited August 2023
    Good Postmortem —mick garris shares interviews he had with wm. Friedkin. They were when Mick was very young and on the Z Channel. interview (s?) did not air because Friedkin was so insulting.  I loved it.  😂
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirLou_SytsmaKurben
  • edited August 2023
    https://writersinkpodcast.com/ Marsha DeFilippo

❤️
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurben
  • ...we knew her when.....*sigh*.....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerKurben
  • Yes we truly did...

That was a nice wee look back in time. Great promo Marsha, and always so nice to hear your voice again. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • Orson Welles - His Honor The Mayor

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • edited October 2023
    Paul McCartney does a podcast where each episode discusses and focuses on one song. 

This week is Eleanor Rigby. I seriously recommend this podcast. First season complete and free. A Life in Lyrics. It’s a little more personal than his book, The lyrics. 

He talks about Bob a Job — a British Boy Scout thing. I loved it. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroKurben
  • BBC Radio  -  Umberto Eco's "The Name Of The Rose"

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirKurben
  • Ian Holm: A BBC Radio Drama Collection....

https://archive.org/details/IanHolmBBCr4
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • BBC Radio - "The Company Of Wolves" by Angela Carter.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • BBC Radio 4  - Unmade Movies; Orson Welles The Heart Of Darkness w/James McAvoy and Phoebe Fox

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • I’m listening to Fangoria — Dreadtime Stories with narrator Malcolm McDowell. Individual stories that really quite good. It’s free. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • And found out, Mick Garris is ending his podcast,  POSTMORTEM at the years end. I’m a little bummed. I found it to be a fun and informative way to spend some time. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • And found out, Mick Garris is ending his podcast,  POSTMORTEM at the years end. I’m a little bummed. I found it to be a fun and informative way to spend some time. 
    Yeah I was bummed to hear Mick Garris is wrapping up his Post Mortem podcast, always an interesting listen, I'll miss it.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir