Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

PODCASTS

Comments

• Lux Radio Theatre  - The Scarlet Pimpernel 

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited July 2022
    FlakeNoir said:
    Thanks, I'll start them tomorrow then.
    They are good. I’ve enjoyed them .  One of my favorites so far in these sketches — Winnie the Pooh. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    Lux Radio Theatre  - The Scarlet Pimpernel 

I think i’ve listened to everything you’ve posted, but for sure I will be listening to this because on The Carol Burnett Show, Mama’s Family play a game of charades and this is Eunice’s contribution because she loves this movie — she thinks there is no way Ed and Micky (harvey andTim) will get this clue, he gets it in 5 seconds. Which Harvey challenges. 🤣

classic. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    Diary Of A Nobody  Read By Arthur Lowe

Okay, this was interesting. It’s labeled a comedy when I read about it. 

I thought it was sort of sad. Tragic almost. I could see bits of humor yes, but — i don’t know. Just me. 

NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I have now thrown in Clear & Vivid with Alan Alda to my podcasts as well Startalk with Neil deGrasse Tyson. So many interesting conversations. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Thanks, I'll start them tomorrow then.
    They are good. I’ve enjoyed them .  One of my favorites so far in these sketches — Winnie the Pooh. 
    Oh man, I laughed my arse off with the Winnie one.😆 Most of these have been laugh-out-loud funny so far.
    Need to go to work, but will be back to these later.
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited July 2022
    The Duffer Brothers, masterclass. 
    Okay, look— i know I’ve harped on this but I cannot praise Masterclass enough for access to brilliant professionals. 

This Duffer brothers class is terrific. So interesting and so invested. 

Sure. Some classes I’ve watched (one or two) have not been that great. I still enjoyed them and learned something from them because I am a subscriber and I have access to all classes. If I had paid 90 dollars each for these couple classes, i would have been seriously bummed. But what was a bad class in my opinion might be a treasure to someone else. 

I have been a subscriber for 2 years now and will reup for a third. To actually take an individual class from neil gaiman or martin scorsese would be hundreds alone. To be able to learn new things is so important.  

And i mean LEARN new things. If you are reading shit that just confirms what you believe, that’s not learning, that’s cognitive bias— you are just validating your bullshit.  Be honest and learn something new. 

Finishing up Sheila E.’s class, continuing with Duffers and I think I’ll start Tony Hawk. 

I own a skateboard and fiberglass hips— let’s see how good my Caballerial can not be. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • edited July 2022
    Recommend by Patton Oswalt, added the podcast All My Neighbors Are Dead.  

These are episodes talking to lesser known characters from your favorite horror films about the movie.  Most are horror. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Funny Skateboard GIFs  Tenor
    Me. Minus balls. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • edited July 2022
    Listened to Mick Garris’s POSTMORTEM.   

Apparently he caused quite an internet stir this last week.  Some Movie Theaters have Fathom Events where they bring back an old movie to show again on the big screen.  

Mick went to a Fathom Event for the 40th anniversary of john Carpenter’s, The Thing. He was involved personally with this movie. 

He said it was such a horrible event — he got very technical with his information because he knows.  I guess Fathom didn’t think a knowledgeable person involved with the film would go see it at a regular theater. Joe blows like us would just chalk up blurry images, film to screen size ratios, bad and faded colorings to old film . 

Mick said that Fathom is being cheap. He said they have the ability to show beautiful, sharp crisp old movies but they are ripping people off. He brought the deets and the receipts. 
     He was so angry that this beautiful film and everyone involved was so disrespected.  

Little did he know that his comment was going to go viral where Fathom felt the need to make a statement.  

Good job mick. 

KurbenGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Me. Minus balls. 
    ....him too.... :D
    Hedda GablerKurbenNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Duffer Brothers Masterclass continuing to impress.  They show you how they developed it all in Stranger Things. They show and tell you about warts and all. You see how it started out. What  stayed what got changed. Fascinating to see it build from nothing much to something big. I didn’t realize they wrote and directed some Whispering Pines episodes.  I am one of the few people that loved that show. 

I guess I beed to watch Stranger Things now. I’ve seen one season. 

NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Me. Minus balls. 
    ....him too.... :D
    or maybe punctured?? That skateboard looks rather sharp.......
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Duffer Brothers Masterclass continuing to impress.  They show you how they developed it all in Stranger Things. They show and tell you about warts and all. You see how it started out. What  stayed what got changed. Fascinating to see it build from nothing much to something big. I didn’t realize they wrote and directed some Whispering Pines episodes.  I am one of the few people that loved that show. 

I guess I beed to watch Stranger Things now. I’ve seen one season. 

I've only watched one season of Stranger Things too, my kid loooves it.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • Finished Tony Hawk.  I guess Masterclass doesn't offer the by-class option anymore.  You have to sign up for a year, but, you do have 30 days to cancel.  Not sure how much of your money you get back, but I definitely wouldn't judge all Masterclasses on the length of Tony's class.  Not all instructors are good at this.  And not all of them need hours and hours to give you information that can make a difference in your learning.

This class was probably the shortest class I've taken, one hour and forty-one minutes.  But, it is a good class.  I can see some kid watching this over and over and over again.  I came away from this admiring the heck out of him.  Very focused kid.  Disciplined.  Was making 6 figures by the time he was 17.   But, he also hit hard times, not because he was stupid with his money, but because the popularity of skating disappeared, so endorsements disappeared.  Skate parks were torn up.  Competitions were few and far between.  But, as sometimes happens, a spark started it up again and Tony was as popular as ever.  Smart business decisions.  Passionate. 

Parents:  Never ever think some stupid hobby thing your kid does passionately will go no where.  Tony is proof of that.  His class was good.  But I will not be riding my skateboard any time soon.  I can't even figure out if I'm goofy footed or regular footed, and that's the first thing you gotta know. 

Now starting Judd Apatow. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • The Campbell Playhouse  - The Hurricane 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Aw dang, i can’t access Double Acts anymore and that’s where I was getting Souvenir program. I was up to season 7 so hopefully I can find them in youtube. 
    GNTLGNT
  • Aw dang, i can’t access Double Acts anymore and that’s where I was getting Souvenir program. I was up to season 7 so hopefully I can find them in youtube. 
    I can't find the original Souvenir Program, but found this while I was searching.

John Finnemore's Souvenir Programme

GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited August 2022
    WTF with Marc Maron has the best interview with Neil Gaiman I have ever heard.  Free podcast  if interested. 
    They discussed many things but Neil’s Sandman drops on Netflix Friday which I will be watching. 
    I know next to nothing about Sandman. Maybe a few names but story is a mystery to me. I even own Sandman but have never read it. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Lux Radio Theatre  - Rebecca  w/ Vivien Leigh and Laurence Olivier 

Lux Radio Theatre  - Angels With Dirty Faces  w/ James Cagney and Pat O' Brien

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • edited August 2022
    Notaro said:
    This is guy is funny and YouTube has many seasons! This will keep me entertained. Thank you. 
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    This is guy is funny and YouTube has many seasons! This will keep me entertained. Thank you. 
    The TV series is worth a look too Hedda if it's available for streaming.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Mick Garris’s podcast, POSTMORTEM, is terrific. It is one of my favorites. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT