Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Tut, tut, looks like rain -- or sunshine or storms.....

Comments

• I think i jinxed it by saying no snow.... In the night it snowed! Covering every little twig in the trees, really beautiful. But now its a bit over 0 C in the days again so it slowly started to melt. I dont mind snow as long as its not too cold.., its the mushy melting phase i disapprove of. Wet and slippery at the same time. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoir
  • We're in for a bitter few days. Wind chills tonight and tomorrow night as low as -40F. 🥶Could get a little snow, too. Between 2-4 inches. High tomorrow (ambient) of -3F. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNeesyMarshaFlakeNoir
  • Kids have a late start to school again this morning. Yesterday morning at 7 am it was -10, feels like -30. This morning at 5:30 am when the phone rang with the message about school, it was -17 feels like -26. Right now it is -13 feels like -31. 

We are supposed to slowly warm up now, in a week, be back up around 50. 
    GNTLGNTNeesyKurbenHedda GablerMarsha
  • cat said:
    We're in for a bitter few days. Wind chills tonight and tomorrow night as low as -40F. 🥶Could get a little snow, too. Between 2-4 inches. High tomorrow (ambient) of -3F. 

Your weather sounds an awful lot like ours. On top of that we have huge snow banks built up which is making it hard for drivers to see around.

My weather app is telling me it is minus 29 C but with the wind chill it feels like minus 38 (so normal for my province)

It's actually warmer this year than last so I shouldn't complain

Right now I am making a nice big pot of chili so that will help us warm up when we come in from the frigid cold

catKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshaFlakeNoir
  • Weather is all over the place, sunshine followed by snow, with thunder storm and rain forecast for later....🙄

So in order of appearance.....

Then within 30 minutes.....

Then it stopped snowing....

Then we went back to sunshine 🌞....

catHedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbenNeesyMarshaFlakeNoir
  • edited February 2022
    I think your weather went off its meds. I think someone mentioned this earlier, but this is confirmation. 
    GNTLGNTKurbencatNeesyMarshaNotaro
  • ....why didn't ye tell me ya moved to Ohio laddie?......
    KurbenHedda GablercatNeesyMarshaNotaro
  • We are under an Extreme Cold Warning:

Extreme Cold Warning
    Southern Manitoba
    Alert summary
    A bitterly cold Arctic air-mass will remain over the area until Friday, resulting in an extended period of extreme wind chills.

Extreme cold wind chill values of -40 to -45 have moderated across southern Manitoba this morning, however they will return for regions near the Red River Valley tonight into Friday morning.
    We are in what looks like a little cross in the middle, just south of the two lakes

The public is being encouraged to watch for cold-related symptoms such as shortness of breath, chest pain, muscle pain and weakness, numbness and colour change in fingers and toes.

I feel bad for the homeless and the stray animals

Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTMarshaNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Yay! - it's warmer today - only minus 13 with hardly any wind chill plus it's quite sunny

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbenMarshaNotaro
  • 6 C today. Very sunny and you could actually feel a little warmth from the sun. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesyMarsha
  • ....70 degrees here yesterday and today.......what the hell Ohio????.....you're up to something....
    Hedda GablerNeesyMarsha
  • Kurben said:
    6 C today. Very sunny and you could actually feel a little warmth from the sun. 

It was about minus 5 to minus 9 today - Spring is on its way!

GNTLGNTKurbenMarsha
  • ....rain......blah......
    Hedda GablerKurbenNeesyMarsha
  • I don't know whats with the weather... It was another beautiful day today. About 6-7 C and people walking in the city pop down on benches and stare at the sun. Cold in the night still though....
    Hedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNTMarsha
  • edited March 2022
    Kurben said:
    I don't know whats with the weather... It was another beautiful day today. About 6-7 C and people walking in the city pop down on benches and stare at the sun. Cold in the night still though....
    Found this one - this guy is nuts!

Oh yeah - here there is a blowing snow warning but since I don't plan on traveling far I guess it won't affect me

So glad I am no longer part of the 'rat race'

GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenMarsha
  • ....temps here are like a Duncan yo-yo.....

Duncan Yo Yo - Fun Stuff Toys
    NeesyHedda GablerKurbenMarshaFlakeNoir
  • ....snow on the ground....seriously Ohio, WTF????.....
    KurbenHedda GablerMarshaFlakeNoirNeesy
  • ....six inches of snow and 22 degrees this morning......it was dry and 55 plus yesterday....apparently a schizo-front blew through.....
    Hedda GablerMarshaFlakeNoirKurbenNeesy
  • We've had a good summer for the most part. Plenty of sunshine and enough rain to keep the gardens happy.

Tonight's sunset...

NotaroKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • So far we'll having a warmer march than usual. about 10 C or even more during the days (usually just about 5 C). The nights though are still a tad chilly with slighly below zero temps. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • ....nice snaps Flakers.....colors are very rich.....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Now we've had almost three weeks with blue skies, lots of sun and about 10 C in the days. NOT the usual march weather. Said to have something to do with a jetstream that keeps the usual low pressure weather systems away. Not complaining but it is a rare weather phenomenon and it could just as well have given us three weeks of really cold and bad weather and it is nice to see people during days sitting down on benches in parks and near the water and just gaze at the views while the sun is gazing on them.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesyGNTLGNT