Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

MUSIC!

Comments

• timing, teamwork, talent.   

Just to even get to sit off to the side and watch them put this together, practice it, listen to the conversations.  What a moment.
    GNTLGNTNotaroBevVincentFlakeNoir
  • Suspense  - The Hands Of Mr. Ottermole 

FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • GNTLGNT said:
    I have absolutely fallen for this man's music, he has such a beautiful voice. (he seems like a really nice person too from what I've seen on my amateur FB stalks lol)
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • BBC Radio  - Slaughterhouse 5

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Can't remember if I posted this one before...

NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • The Mercury Theatre - Hell On Ice 

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Quiet, Please - The Thing On The Fourble Boards

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • A song for when your donkey passes away:

NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • A song for when your donkey passes away:

Okay, a few things on this.

First, who was the lead guy running through the audience?  Should I recognize him?  The main Styx guys stayed on stage and let him run the gauntlet, but who is he?

Second, as this guy is running through the audience, watch the guy following him.  I'm guessing this is the guy who's going to save his life when the crowd swarms on him like kissing bugs.  I was laughing at him the whole time.

Third,  I liked this song.  Before I die, I want to go to a bar and drink a good beer and have this play so I can dance like Elaine, or Carlton, and not give a rat's (or donkey's) ass what judgmental jerk is watching or thinking.
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Is that a goat? Or a donkey hybrid thing?  And staying on the ass theme of the day, if this is a miniature ass, get his ass out of that swing!
    GNTLGNTNotaro
  • Is that a goat? Or a donkey hybrid thing?  And staying on the ass theme of the day, if this is a miniature ass, get his ass out of that swing!
    ....it be a donkey.....
    Notaro
  • That's what I thought!    :D
    NotaroGNTLGNT
  • Hedda Gabler said:Okay, a few things on this.

First, who was the lead guy running through the audience?  Should I recognize him?  The main Styx guys stayed on stage and let him run the gauntlet, but who is he?

Second, as this guy is running through the audience, watch the guy following him.  I'm guessing this is the guy who's going to save his life when the crowd swarms on him like kissing bugs.  I was laughing at him the whole time.

Third,  I liked this song.  Before I die, I want to go to a bar and drink a good beer and have this play so I can dance like Elaine, or Carlton, and not give a rat's (or donkey's) ass what judgmental jerk is watching or thinking.

The vocalist is Glen Burtnik, who wrote the song. He was with Styx from 1990 to 2003. And, yeah, the big galoot on his tail was probably security to make sure some eager fan didn't corrupt him. The song is on the album Cyclorama (2003). I sort of forgot about Styx after Edge of the Century (1990) and I missed this album for a long time after it came out. It's a fantastic album, beginning to end.
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Hedda Gabler said:Okay, a few things on this.

The vocalist is Glen Burtnik, who wrote the song. He was with Styx from 1990 to 2003. And, yeah, the big galoot on his tail was probably security to make sure some eager fan didn't corrupt him. The song is on the album Cyclorama (2003). I sort of forgot about Styx after Edge of the Century (1990) and I missed this album for a long time after it came out. It's a fantastic album, beginning to end.
    Obviously they dropped off my radar too because I don't know this guy.  But it was a great song.
    NotaroGNTLGNT
  • BBC Radio - The Wheatstone Pond 

GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • C.B.S. Radio Mystery Theatre  - The Premature Burial 

Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    C.B.S. Radio Mystery Theatre  - The Premature Burial 

I love this story.  I remember seeing this movie with Ray Milland and Hazel Court as a kid and it terrified me.

Hazel Court has a book out that is chock full of photos and interesting stories.  I really enjoyed it.

Hazel Court - Horror Queen Court Hazel 9780953192687 Amazon
    NotaroGNTLGNT
  • C.B.S. Mystery Radio Theatre - Dracula 

• edited June 2020
    Notaro said:

C.B.S. Mystery Radio Theatre - Dracula 

How has your sleep been lately?  Have you gotten the chance to get out and hike?
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • *TO get out and hike!  dammit! I hate it when that happens.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:

C.B.S. Mystery Radio Theatre - Dracula 

How has your sleep been lately?  Have you gotten the chance and get out and hike?
    Sleep has been poor, sometimes I'll go to sleep as soon as my head hits the pillow but I usually wake after two or three hours and that's me done for the night. Sometimes I'll stay awake the whole night, lately I've been dropping off when I sit down for lunch, cat naps are better than nothing I suppose. I haven't been out for a hike since lockdown, the easing of restrictions a few weeks ago increased the distance we could travel from 5km to 20km but I haven't been able to get up to Kilmashogue for good walk, have had plenty of walks close to home in the evenings but at weekends we seem to spend most of the free time pottering around in the garden.