Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Bred Any Good Rooks Lately?

Comments

• Marsha said:
    Notaro said:
    Finished Arizona Dreams, thoroughly enjoyed it, a relaxed pace, a story within a story, intertwined with the subtle art of falling in love and the day to day complexities that try to get in the way.

Now that sounds like a great review to add to my blurb copy! :) <3
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....that's our Irish!....a living/breathing blurb....... :D
    Do it Marsha.... I'm so proud of our boy!☺😍
    Hedda GablerKurbenNotaroMarshaGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Marsha said:
    Notaro said:
    Finished Arizona Dreams, thoroughly enjoyed it, a relaxed pace, a story within a story, intertwined with the subtle art of falling in love and the day to day complexities that try to get in the way.

Now that sounds like a great review to add to my blurb copy! :) <3
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....that's our Irish!....a living/breathing blurb....... :D
    Do it Marsha.... I'm so proud of our boy!☺😍
    Working on it. :D

KurbenNotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • GNTLGNT said:
    🤣🤣🤣🤣
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarsha
  • Bev, have you read The Boys by Ron Howard? I bet it’s interesting. 

I’m currently watching his Masterclass. It’s 8 hours of lessons and he takes it very seriously. He put a lot of work into his segments. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNT
  • I'm reading Blandings Castle by P.G. Wodehouse. Very funny, totally ridicolous stories taking place in an England that never was. This is short stories about the Ninth Lord of Elmsworth who is residing at Blandings and the things that are important to him like avoiding to meet his sisters that think he should be responsible while he wants to make sure his pumpkins win first prize in the agricultural show or that his favourite creature The Empress of Blandings, a pig, wins the fattest pig award. The more he tries to get away from everybody the more people seems to want from him. Something about Wodehouse way to write stories, like they are musical comedies without music, that appeal to me. Thats the best simile i can get. It doesn't matter if its his Golf stories, his Jeeves and Wooster stories or his Blandings stories, most of them are highly entertaining. 
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Finished up Patriot Games a couple of days ago. Started Gerald's Game today.
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Just finished up Tales of a 4th Grade Nothing. I can see the skill in her simple stories. Feels effortless. 

One more, Blubber, and then i am done with my Judy Blume investigation. 

And i have to admit, my reading attention span is so bad, this is about the reading level I can sort of kind of commit to. And even that commitment is shaky. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • edited December 2021
    Grant87 said:
    Finished up Patriot Games a couple of days ago. Started Gerald's Game today.
    ....spoiler!....NOT the same kind of games...... :D
    MarshaGrant87KurbenNotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gablernot_nadine
  • Just finished up Tales of a 4th Grade Nothing. I can see the skill in her simple stories. Feels effortless. 

And i have to admit, my reading attention span is so bad, this is about the reading level I can sort of kind of commit to. And even that commitment is shaky. 
    Sorry my attention span is the length of this sentence  Apology Ecard
    MarshaKurbenNotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Grant87 said:
    Finished up Patriot Games a couple of days ago. Started Gerald's Game today.
    ....spoiler!....NOT the same kind of games...... :D
    You are definitely right about that!

NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNTnot_nadine
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Just finished up Tales of a 4th Grade Nothing. I can see the skill in her simple stories. Feels effortless. 

Sorry my attention span is the length of this sentence  Apology Ecard
    It's unbelievable how much this looks like my kid. And... that sentence may actually be a little bit long.
    KurbenNotaroHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNT
  • Shaking my head at the "reviews" of THE DARK HOUR by Michael Connelly -- people taking umbrage at the fact that the main character wears a mask during early 2021, socially distances and encourages a colleague to get vaccinated.
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerMarsha
  • ...and thus proving how many finalists there are for the Darwin Awards.....
    KurbenFlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerMarsha
  • Shaking my head at the "reviews" of THE DARK HOUR by Michael Connelly -- people taking umbrage at the fact that the main character wears a mask during early 2021, socially distances and encourages a colleague to get vaccinated.
    That mentality is showing up here now in larger pockets. I find it mentally exhausting and what little faith I have in human beings as a species, is further diminishing. 🥺

KurbenNotaroBevVincentHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • We have them here too, we actually have a flat earther in work, the mind boggles🙄
    FlakeNoirBevVincentKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    We have them here too, we actually have a flat earther in work, the mind boggles🙄
    Hard to top that one, Irish!! I have met people that denies evolution, the moonlanding and a lot more but never a flat earther.
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    Notaro said:
    We have them here too, we actually have a flat earther in work, the mind boggles🙄
    Hard to top that one, Irish!! I have met people that denies evolution, the moonlanding and a lot more but never a flat earther.
    Oh yeah this guy is unbelievable, not only is the earth flat but it's encased in a dome...... I'm not making this up, this guy actually believes that. 😳
    FlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Kurben said:
    Notaro said:
    Oh yeah this guy is unbelievable, not only is the earth flat but it's encased in a dome...... I'm not making this up, this guy actually believes that. 😳
    Please make sure you don't get poked in the eye when his tinfoil hat slips from his head. 

In all seriousness, I hate that you work with this kind of bullshit in your way.
    NotaroKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Reading Galahad of Blandings by P-G- Wodehouse. Returning to the very entertaining company at Blandings Castle where the distrait master Lord Emsworth just want to be left alone with his garden and his pigs and dont be bothered by anyone else. Unfortunately for him his younger brother Galahad comes to the castle and soon everything is chaos. Very funny.
    NotaroFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTHedda Gablercat
  • ...peaceful day right there....flowers and porkers.....
    NotaroHedda GablerKurbencatMarsha
  • Finished Blubber. I really disliked this story. The ending wasn’t satisfying at all. 
    I wanted that main bully eviscerated at the school Book Fair and after, the nice kids should have gotten a trip to Disneyland. 
    catNotaroMarshaGNTLGNT
  • catcat
    edited December 2021
    I have to tell on my Honor Society daughter...we were talking about books and she says, "Have you ever read Coo-hoe?" (Spelling it how she said it.)
    Me..."Coo-hoe? What is that?"
    Ali..."I don't know, it's about a dog."
    I bust out laughing. "CUJO! Not Coo-hoe!" 
    🤣🤣🤣 
    She is in her 2nd year of Spanish and was applying Spanish rules to her pronunciation. Cujo has a new nickname. 😂😂
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirKurbenMarshaGNTLGNTHollyGolightlyNeesy
  • 😂 i love it!!!
    catNotaroFlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT