Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• ........Jason, your writing is in all ways enjoyable, you should pursue your love when the bill paying gig allows.....life is to short for the regrets most of us pile up in our mental side yards like junk cars.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Snoopy Happy Thursday Good Morning Quote Pictures Photos and Images for  Facebook Tumblr Pinterest and Twitter

(((all in need or not)))
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited October 2020
    Sunny, you need to check in. Last you talked, you were headed up into crazy mtn man sex-pit owner/ vampire country. 

Please let us know you aren’t in some secret sex bunker. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesySundrop
  • Sunny, you need to check in. Last you talked, you were headed up into crazy mtn man sex-pit owner/ vampire country. 

Please let us know you aren’t in some secret sex bunker. 
    .......she's in this van.....all is well.....

______ Seems Legit - Page 3
    FlakeNoirspideymanHedda GablerNeesySundrop
  • It's been so long since I've been here, I hardly know where to start other than to say I've missed you all. Once I get out of a routine, I find it hard to get back into it again but will try to pop in more frequently. There are too many posts to go back through to check each one but for anyone who's needed support while I've been todash, I hope you're now doing better. Hugs being sent.

Have been busy with craft projects and finally finished the book I'd started over 10 years ago. I'm planning to participate in NaNoWriMo starting on Sunday to write the second book in what I think will be a trilogy. It's women's fiction/romance genre so not likely to be of interest to all the horror fans here so won't bore you with more details about the plot. My goal is to self-publish through Kindle in June 2021 and hope that's not unrealistic.

My son was in a car accident a couple weeks ago. He's doing okay and is lucky to be alive. He was driving late at night, fell asleep and hit a tree. We don't know who called the ambulance but had they not done that, he probably wouldn't have made it as there was a lot of blood loss requiring a transfusion. As it is, he had a broken jaw (currently wired shut) and a broken femur. No cast but they inserted a rod in his leg and he's supposed to be using a walker or crutches until it heals.

Compared to a lot of places, we're doing okay here with COVID but cases are increasing at alarming rates (nearly triple from a couple weeks ago) and more that are considered community infection rather than spreader events so the fatigue and getting complacent about precautions is setting in. I only go out when I have to and always wear a mask but am rethinking if I'll be able to visit the grandkids over the holidays even if all I did was go to their house and back home again.

On that happy note, take care, stay safe, stay healthy. <3

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirspideymanHedda GablerNeesycatSundrop
  • Hi Marsha, good to see you back. Congrats on finishing your book, here's hoping it's a bestseller🙂

Holy crap.... I hope your son is ok, he had a lucky escape. 

Covid cases are going crazy here too although we're down to under a thousand a day. Stay safe and don't take any chances. 
    GNTLGNTMarshaFlakeNoirspideymanHedda GablerNeesycat
  • Marsha said:
    It's been so long since I've been here, I hardly know where to start other than to say I've missed you all. Once I get out of a routine, I find it hard to get back into it again but will try to pop in more frequently. There are too many posts to go back through to check each one but for anyone who's needed support while I've been todash, I hope you're now doing better. Hugs being sent.

Have been busy with craft projects and finally finished the book I'd started over 10 years ago. I'm planning to participate in NaNoWriMo starting on Sunday to write the second book in what I think will be a trilogy. It's women's fiction/romance genre so not likely to be of interest to all the horror fans here so won't bore you with more details about the plot. My goal is to self-publish through Kindle in June 2021 and hope that's not unrealistic.

My son was in a car accident a couple weeks ago. He's doing okay and is lucky to be alive. He was driving late at night, fell asleep and hit a tree. We don't know who called the ambulance but had they not done that, he probably wouldn't have made it as there was a lot of blood loss requiring a transfusion. As it is, he had a broken jaw (currently wired shut) and a broken femur. No cast but they inserted a rod in his leg and he's supposed to be using a walker or crutches until it heals.

Compared to a lot of places, we're doing okay here with COVID but cases are increasing at alarming rates (nearly triple from a couple weeks ago) and more that are considered community infection rather than spreader events so the fatigue and getting complacent about precautions is setting in. I only go out when I have to and always wear a mask but am rethinking if I'll be able to visit the grandkids over the holidays even if all I did was go to their house and back home again.

....Hey gurrrrl!....so happy to hear from you and that your boy is still above the sod....damn lucky kid!...thank Gan!.....CoVid has hit hard at work, so I'm even more stressed than usual.....keep us posted on the book, because I would like to give it a whirl even if it's NOT my cuppa....you are a dear friend and I think it would be wonderful.....GNT hugs m'dear.....
    NotaroFlakeNoirMarshaspideymanHedda GablerNeesycat
  • Hedda Gabler said:  I hope you come back to tell us about Nicaragua.

It's all been a bit unsettling and unnerving, hasn't it?  Glad to know you are finding a normal in all this.

And one of these days, I'm going to order one of your books.  I am making myself read what I have in my TBR pile before I purchase anything new -- okay, so I have purchased a few books, but not like I want to.  For every 6 or 7 I read that I already own,  I might allow myself a purchase.  

Stay safe out there.
    A remarkable thing about Nicaragua, flying in to Managua, is all the volcanoes. I just didn't appreciate all of that. Even the place where I stayed, the bar looked out on a pretty lake in a caldera. 

I think we have to find a normal in this. A colleague said, "I'm so tired of [Zoom occurrence]. I don't want to deal with it anymore."  In uncommon (for me) candor, I said, "Organisms that don't adapt to their environment don't get to pass on their genes."

If you do read something of mine, I'd recommend the latest one that has periods separating the words in the title. :)  

GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirMarshaspideymanHedda Gablercat
  • Notaro said:
    Hi Marsha, good to see you back. Congrats on finishing your book, here's hoping it's a bestseller🙂

Holy crap.... I hope your son is ok, he had a lucky escape. 

Covid cases are going crazy here too although we're down to under a thousand a day. Stay safe and don't take any chances. 
    Thanks! I'll be happy just to have any sales. :D

Not life threatening and he seems to be on the mend but he's also 32 going on 16 and doesn't think he needs to follow medical instructions. I'm crossing my fingers he'll at least do the minimum required to heal properly and not cut the wires because he's gotten impatient about his jaw.

Our tripling means going from around 25 to 75/day statewide so all things considered much better than some but it's the rate of increase that's causing alarm.

NotaroFlakeNoirspideymanHedda GablerNeesycat
  • Grandpa said:
    Hedda Gabler said:  I hope you come back to tell us about Nicaragua.

It's all been a bit unsettling and unnerving, hasn't it?  Glad to know you are finding a normal in all this.

And one of these days, I'm going to order one of your books.  I am making myself read what I have in my TBR pile before I purchase anything new -- okay, so I have purchased a few books, but not like I want to.  For every 6 or 7 I read that I already own,  I might allow myself a purchase.  

Stay safe out there.
    A remarkable thing about Nicaragua, flying in to Managua, is all the volcanoes. I just didn't appreciate all of that. Even the place where I stayed, the bar looked out on a pretty lake in a caldera. 

I think we have to find a normal in this. A colleague said, "I'm so tired of [Zoom occurrence]. I don't want to deal with it anymore."  In uncommon (for me) candor, I said, "Organisms that don't adapt to their environment don't get to pass on their genes."

If you do read something of mine, I'd recommend the latest one that has periods separating the words in the title. :)  

....send me a link old pal....
    NotarospideymanHedda GablerNeesycat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Marsha said:
    It's been so long since I've been here, I hardly know where to start other than to say I've missed you all. Once I get out of a routine, I find it hard to get back into it again but will try to pop in more frequently. There are too many posts to go back through to check each one but for anyone who's needed support while I've been todash, I hope you're now doing better. Hugs being sent.

....Hey gurrrrl!....so happy to hear from you and that your boy is still above the sod....damn lucky kid!...thank Gan!.....CoVid has hit hard at work, so I'm even more stressed than usual.....keep us posted on the book, because I would like to give it a whirl even if it's NOT my cuppa....you are a dear friend and I think it would be wonderful.....GNT hugs m'dear.....

It was 16 years and one month ago that he'd had his first major accident after a car passing him cut in too soon and tapped the front end of his car sending it off the road into a tree. He was in ICU with a TBI but no broken bones that time. I told him when he turns 48, he should avoid any roads that have trees or just give up driving for that year.

Will be sure to let you know when the book launches. <3
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesycat
  • Marsha said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Marsha said:

It was 16 years and one month ago that he'd had his first major accident after a car passing him cut in too soon and tapped the front end of his car sending it off the road into a tree. He was in ICU with a TBI but no broken bones that time. I told him when he turns 48, he should avoid any roads that have trees or just give up driving for that year.

....sounds like he should ask mom to borrow the wood chipper.....
    NotaroFlakeNoirMarshaHedda GablerNeesycat
  • Marsha said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Marsha said:

God I remember this one too... that boy...! 
    NotaroMarshaGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesycat
  • Marsha said:

Always good to see you posting. Healing vibes for your son. Congrats on the books, and onward to the next.   The genre sounds like a winner.  Make sure you update is on the publication date. 
    Covid rampant here. 
    MarshaNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesycat
  • FlakeNoir said:

He's responsible for most of the gray hair I now have. :)

NotarospideymanFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesycat
  • spideyman said:
    Marsha said:

Always good to see you posting. Healing vibes for your son. Congrats on the books, and onward to the next.   The genre sounds like a winner.  Make sure you update is on the publication date. 
    Covid rampant here. 

Many thanks and will be sure to let you know. Stay safe down there.
    NotarospideymanFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesycat
  • Marsha said:
    FlakeNoir said:

We all have a kid like that, it's possible I have more than one. 😄💚

spideymanNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshaNeesycat
  • Get your Happy On its Friday - A Thrifty Diva

(((all in need or not)))
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesycat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Marsha said:
    FlakeNoir said:

We all have a kid like that, it's possible I have more than one. 😄💚

funny gray hair  Hair humor Grey hair quotes Funny quotes
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaNeesycatSundrop
  • Grandpa said:
    Hedda Gabler said:  I hope you come back to tell us about Nicaragua.

Stay safe out there.

I'll check into it for sure.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroNeesycat