Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• ....tomorrow is Tuesday!.....(Weld that is).....
    Who is Tuesday Weld and Where is She Now  Celeboid

Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Is she still alive?  
    NotaroFlakeNoir
  • ...sure is....77 years beautiful....

Tuesday Weld  Tuesday weld Aging well Weld
    NotaroFlakeNoirNeesydoyoulove19
  • Oh, she looks good.

GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirdoyoulove19
  • Oh, she looks good.

...77 with 80's glasses..... :D
    NotaroFlakeNoirdoyoulove19
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Oh, she looks good.

...77 with 80's glasses..... :D
    Yes, that is true.  She needs to update those peepers.
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirdoyoulove19
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...sure is....77 years beautiful....

77?! Bloody hell, she looks younger than me!  :o
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesydoyoulove19
  • FlakeNoir said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ...sure is....77 years beautiful....

77?! Bloody hell, she looks younger than me!  :o
    ....at 77, I’ll look like something the Crypt Keeper crapped out....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • edited September 2020
    and then after that WTF,  I throw in a  :D!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I'd thought I'd take a month off but all of a sudden it's been 2-1/2. Spent a lot of the summer trying to get my gardens back in shape after not doing any gardening for the past 3 summers. The weather is definitely cooling off now, though, and I'm spending more time back inside so going to look around and see how things work here. How's everybody doing?
    FlakeNoirNotaronot_nadineBevVincentspideymancatHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesydoyoulove19and 1 other.
  • Marsha said:
    I'd thought I'd take a month off but all of a sudden it's been 2-1/2. Spent a lot of the summer trying to get my gardens back in shape after not doing any gardening for the past 3 summers. The weather is definitely cooling off now, though, and I'm spending more time back inside so going to look around and see how things work here. How's everybody doing?
    So lovely to see you here, M. <3 (I promise I will get to that email this week! I know, I'm pathetic.. :D )

spideymancatHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Marsha said:
    I'd thought I'd take a month off but all of a sudden it's been 2-1/2. Spent a lot of the summer trying to get my gardens back in shape after not doing any gardening for the past 3 summers. The weather is definitely cooling off now, though, and I'm spending more time back inside so going to look around and see how things work here. How's everybody doing?
    So lovely to see you here, M. <3 (I promise I will get to that email this week! I know, I'm pathetic.. :D )

In that case, we're both pathetic. I've been terrible about responding to emails lately, too. You've got plenty on your plate so don't be feeling guilty and I know you'll hit me back when you can. <3
    FlakeNoirspideymancatHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Marsha said:
    Welcome Marsha, great to see you, how's retirement suiting you?, 🙂
    spideymanFlakeNoircatHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  •  Marsha said:
     <3  <3  Hey Marsha!!  I tried to email you the other day, but it was kicked back. I will check the address.   Great to see you!
    spideymanFlakeNoircatHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Marsha said:
    Wish I could have done it sooner! It surprised me how quickly I adapted to not having to be at work. Have been keeping myself busy with projects around the house and, of course, my craft hobbies so no worries about being bored. The problem is getting to be not having enough focus so am going to have to get more disciplined about actually doing the things that are on my to do lists.

NotarospideymanFlakeNoircatHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesydoyoulove19Sundrop
  • Marsha said:
    Notaro said:
    Marsha said:
    Wish I could have done it sooner! It surprised me how quickly I adapted to not having to be at work. Have been keeping myself busy with projects around the house and, of course, my craft hobbies so no worries about being bored. The problem is getting to be not having enough focus so am going to have to get more disciplined about actually doing the things that are on my to do lists.

Plenty of time for to do lists, for now, pull up a chair and grab a coffee and have a wander around Bev's place. 🙂
    MarshaspideymanFlakeNoircatHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Marsha said:
    Notaro said:
    Marsha said:

Focus has been hard -- it's terrible how little I've been able to read since the beginning of the pandemic. Not that I've had any more free time. I save a 2-mile commute each day by working at home, that's about it! I've only been in to my office building once in six months, to pick up my standing desk adapter, and I did that on a weekend when there'd be no one there. 
    NotarospideymanFlakeNoircatHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesydoyoulove19Sundrop
  • Marsha said:
    Notaro said:
    Marsha said:

Focus has been hard -- it's terrible how little I've been able to read since the beginning of the pandemic. Not that I've had any more free time. I save a 2-mile commute each day by working at home, that's about it! I've only been in to my office building once in six months, to pick up my standing desk adapter, and I did that on a weekend when there'd be no one there. 

Crazy times for sure. I'd thought I'd take a month to just relax and get it out of my system but the more I relax, the worse I get about doing the things I really need to be doing. My goal at this point is a pretty low bar to do one thing each day from my to do list.
    spideymanBevVincentnot_nadineFlakeNoirNotarocatHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesySundrop
  • Marsha said:
    So good to see you here, Marsha. Welcome. Retirement can be fun as well as taxing-- the focus part. Over the years, I have found making each day of the week a "to do" day.  Just like Tuesday is for Tacos, or Wednesday is a Hump Day.  You can easily change an outdoor activity if weather becomes an issue.  But, always make sure there is a Marsha Day!!   Love and green lights!! 
    not_nadineMarshaFlakeNoirNotarocatHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesySundrop
  • spideyman said:
    Marsha said:
    So good to see you here, Marsha. Welcome. Retirement can be fun as well as taxing-- the focus part. Over the years, I have found making each day of the week a "to do" day.  Just like Tuesday is for Tacos, or Wednesday is a Hump Day.  You can easily change an outdoor activity if weather becomes an issue.  But, always make sure there is a Marsha Day!!   Love and green lights!! 
    Great advice! The problem right now is too many Marsha days and not enough to do days. It's a learning curve. Yeah, that's what I'm going to go with.

FlakeNoirNotarospideymancatHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesySundrop
  • So great to see you, Marsha! 😍
    Hedda GablerspideymanGNTLGNTMarsha
  • I'm playing catch up in the house. I know I talk too much about cleaning. I wish that my house was as clean as it should be, when that is all I do. But my daily aches and pains are getting worse and I really don't do what I should. Or I do, and pay for it with even more pain and then everything falls apart and then I am stuck in a vicious cycle. I am trying to find some sort of happy medium. 

My dr said I need to move more. And, eat more. I am struggling with both. Eating more to lose weight sounds wrong.  I don't mean she told me to eat more calories, I am supposed to be cutting out carbs.  But I am supposed to eat early because I almost never do. She says it will get my motor running and help. 

Anyway, just some things I have had on my mind. Sometimes it helps to write it down. 

Just taking it slow with lots of breaks and concentrating on one thing at a time. 

Have a great day. ❤ 

Hedda GablerspideymanGNTLGNTFlakeNoirMarshaNeesydoyoulove19Sundrop
  • Marsha said:
    Welcome!  I'm waiting for all the photos on your projects you will be doing once you get trapped inside.  No Arizona plans for the winter?
    catspideymanNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirMarshaNeesydoyoulove19Sundrop
  • cat said:
    I'm playing catch up in the house. I know I talk too much about cleaning. I wish that my house was as clean as it should be, when that is all I do. But my daily aches and pains are getting worse and I really don't do what I should. Or I do, and pay for it with even more pain and then everything falls apart and then I am stuck in a vicious cycle. I am trying to find some sort of happy medium. 

My dr said I need to move more. And, eat more. I am struggling with both. Eating more to lose weight sounds wrong.  I don't mean she told me to eat more calories, I am supposed to be cutting out carbs.  But I am supposed to eat early because I almost never do. She says it will get my motor running and help. 

Anyway, just some things I have had on my mind. Sometimes it helps to write it down. 

Just taking it slow with lots of breaks and concentrating on one thing at a time. 

Have a great day. ❤ 

I hope you can start feeling more in control of yourself and your environment.  It messes with our chi when we don't.  And I hope you can get the nutrients to help your mind and body do all the things you want to do!
    catspideymanNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesydoyoulove19Sundrop