Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• ....stop berating yourself!....speaking a new tongue while at home in a sheltered and safe place, during instruction is a whole lot different when you encounter the real thing in the wild...it's common to get the jitters and revert to your native dialect....I would suggest finding someone in your community of Hispanic origin and asking them to converse with you in a neutral setting....I'm betting there will be several happy to help....for that matter, look up your closest familiar Mexican eatery and ask the staff if they would have any suggestions on someone to work with you.....nunca te rindas. nunca te des por vencido......
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Perfect opportunity squandered
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
    There will be new opportunities, Hedda. Dont be so hard on yourself. I'm sure that soon perfect spanish will flow like a fine wine out of your mouth!!
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
    Bob Newhart Stop It GIF - Bob Newhart Stop It - Discover  Share GIFs
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I'm just back from floorball. So fun! I made a very pretty from behind the net goal. Sadly i caused a few on the other end. All in all im OK with my play considering it was a long time ago. BUT i almost froze to death on my way home!!!!!! -10 C but with the wondchill it felt like much more. The walk from the tramstop to home was NOT fun. Right now lying under three warm blankets trying to get warm.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoir
  • ...and I'm sure you're pickleball endured some shrinkage....
    KurbenHedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoir
  • Good fun Kurben! 
    NeesyGNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Good fun Kurben! 
    Yeah, right..... As a result of my fun i have had pain my legs for two days and will probably last a day or two more before it goes away. Only shows how out of shape i am. I know!! I will continue to play but it makes you feel a bit old. When i started this floorball playing gang in 1987 i could fly like the wind and not bother about afterwards....  Now its very different..............
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • ....hmmm, from the sounds of it-you need to be finding a piece of lawn and tell people to "Get off of it!".... :D
    FlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNeesy
  • ....hell, I'm so out of shape that I've noticed the floor getting further and further away each time I have to stoop to pick something up....and that is compounded by being a mutant in height....
    FlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNeesy
  • Back from floorball for this week. Think i played a little better but still a long way to go. Hopefully i wont be as handicapped by my training aches as last week. They lasted 4 days and i could hardly walk. We have two players that run like antilopes all the time. I wish i could run like that.....
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesyHedda Gabler
  • ...have a lion chase you, that'll do the trick.....
    NeesyKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • edited January 23
    Missed being here for a few days - busy weekend and then I developed some 'digestive issues' - wondering if I should buy that probiotic stuff called Align
    blue collar canadian starterpack  rstarterpacks  Starter Packs  Know  Your Meme

Almost didn't make it in to the Giant Tiger store (glad they have a washroom) - is this too much information?

Bev Vincent might recognize some of the products and stores above

I do own some of those mukluks actually
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • My training aches are much less this time!!! I can actually walk normally. You should have seen me last week, it was like a man needing crutches trying to walk without them. Not exactly a wonder of grace striding forward if you know what i mean.......
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Today was a Diem Perdidi (A lost day) because i awoke with an intense migraine and it just continued. Went away about 5 pm. The brain feel a bit squeezed out but it does not hurt anymore which is a good thing. Just hope it wants to go to sleep.....
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Kurben said:
    Today was a Diem Perdidi (A lost day) because i awoke with an intense migraine and it just continued. Went away about 5 pm. The brain feel a bit squeezed out but it does not hurt anymore which is a good thing. Just hope it wants to go to sleep.....
    Migraine is awful, I'm sorry you had a bad one Kurben, rest. Stay hydrated, I hope you're recovered soon. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • I had some strange dreams last night and by strange i mean they were things that could happen and, when i woke up, i was sure had happened. They were also so ordinary. I mean i dreamt that i send an email to some friends telling them i could not play floorball this week because my wrist hurts. All of it is true but i never sent such an email, instead i sent it after i woke up. I also dreamt that i bought an anthology of Robert Heinlein short stories which, i admit, is a thing that could happen but also just a dream. So clear!! and rather dull too.....
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ....you're prescient, but only about yourself..... ;) 
    KurbenFlakeNoir
  • Not a good day... Just got a message that my aunt Christina died (my mothers sister), She was a bit up and down.... She could be very nice and she could have outbursts but i'm gonna remember her good sides and i am gonna miss her. Planning to raise a glass of Tullamore Dew and drink in her honor tonight. RIP Christina.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    Not a good day... Just got a message that my aunt Christina died (my mothers sister), She was a bit up and down.... She could be very nice and she could have outbursts but i'm gonna remember her good sides and i am gonna miss her. Planning to raise a glass of Tullamore Dew and drink in her honor tonight. RIP Christina.
    I'm sorry, (((Kurben))) sending you a hug 🤗 from afar.
    R.I.P Aunt Christina.
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • So sorry kurben. ❤️
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT
  • Hello all 
    I have not been on.  Hospital for 3weeks.  Ok we are all friends - rehab because I broke down after Kris passed away.  It was bad.  

Now home and tying to figure out what to do.
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy