Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Tut, tut, looks like rain -- or sunshine or storms.....

Comments

• And here in New England, we're having near record breaking warm temperatures. Crazy weather these days!  Stay safe out, there, @cat
    Hedda GablercatKurbenFlakeNoirNotaroNeesyGNTLGNT
  • Cat... my thoughts are with you guys, please be safe.
    NotarocatGNTLGNT
  • We have been hunkered down at home. 🙂 They closed the road to the mine before Scott's shift this morning so he is home too. They never close that hwy...not even when every other hwy/interstate is closed, and it should be closed, 99.9% of the time the hwy to the mines stays open. Even last night when everything else was closed, it was open until 4 am this morning...so that shows how intense the storm was. 

All roads are still closed, they estimate 3-5 more hrs before the hwy south is open, not sure about interstate or other secondary hwys, but it has stopped snowing. Scott and Ty dug the driveway out a bit, but it doesn't pay to get too crazy til the plows go by, they just undo the shoveling. (But they have been working steady for 40+ hours now!)

Anxiously waiting Evan to let me know they made it back to Sheridan. They will most likely have to spend the night there. They made it to Billings MT about 1:15. On a normal day, Sheridan is about 2 hrs from Billings so it has been 3 hrs since I last heard from him, I hope I hear from him soon. Another 2 hrs or so home, once roads are open. Hope they can even find a room to stay tonight! 

I did get stuck in the driveway yesterday after picking Ali up. Made it out ok but not back in.. The neighbor across the street helped dig me out enough to get back in. And we had to go to grocery store this morning, we went early, at like 6:30 this morning and I fell in the parking lot. 🙄 But I'm ok. Just hurt my pride but only witness was Scott and maybe the guy plowing the parking lot. 😄 

We'll be back into the 50s in a couple days! But I hope this early storm means a wet winter. I complain about the snow but we need the moisture so bad. 

Just got a text from Evan, they made it into Buffalo, so the interstate from Sheridan to Buffalo is open again. Still shut to here though. But he is only 72 miles from home now. Thankful. 
    NeesyFlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • cat said:
    We have been hunkered down at home. 🙂 They closed the road to the mine before Scott's shift this morning so he is home too. They never close that hwy...not even when every other hwy/interstate is closed, and it should be closed, 99.9% of the time the hwy to the mines stays open. Even last night when everything else was closed, it was open until 4 am this morning...so that shows how intense the storm was. 

All roads are still closed, they estimate 3-5 more hrs before the hwy south is open, not sure about interstate or other secondary hwys, but it has stopped snowing. Scott and Ty dug the driveway out a bit, but it doesn't pay to get too crazy til the plows go by, they just undo the shoveling. (But they have been working steady for 40+ hours now!)

Anxiously waiting Evan to let me know they made it back to Sheridan. They will most likely have to spend the night there. They made it to Billings MT about 1:15. On a normal day, Sheridan is about 2 hrs from Billings so it has been 3 hrs since I last heard from him, I hope I hear from him soon. Another 2 hrs or so home, once roads are open. Hope they can even find a room to stay tonight! 

I did get stuck in the driveway yesterday after picking Ali up. Made it out ok but not back in.. The neighbor across the street helped dig me out enough to get back in. And we had to go to grocery store this morning, we went early, at like 6:30 this morning and I fell in the parking lot. 🙄 But I'm ok. Just hurt my pride but only witness was Scott and maybe the guy plowing the parking lot. 😄 

We'll be back into the 50s in a couple days! But I hope this early storm means a wet winter. I complain about the snow but we need the moisture so bad. 

Just got a text from Evan, they made it into Buffalo, so the interstate from Sheridan to Buffalo is open again. Still shut to here though. But he is only 72 miles from home now. Thankful. 

Yikes! Stay safe - do you have four wheel drive? I couldn't live without mine, especially when the back lane gets blocked in by the snow plow

FlakeNoirNotarocatKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • Here it's about 5 C in the morning which is like being inside a refrigerator; normally it warms up by lunch time but lately we've had rain so it's been dull and overcast

FlakeNoirNotarocatKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • Mild and cloudy day, 11C/51F...

FlakeNoircatGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • Notaro said:
    Mild and cloudy day, 11C/51F...

Somebody needs to tell my pet house that if it turns around the other way, it will see the sea. 
    NotarocatKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • @cat I'm glad you heard from Evan, a big relief for you.
    NotarocatKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • Evan made it home last night by 7:30. Thankful. 🙂 Everyone off to work/school this morning. 38 for a high today, back up in the 50s tomorrow. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaNeesy
  • 12 C here. Overcast but not really raining. You felt a drop once every 5 minutes which was about all. 
    GNTLGNTcatHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaNeesy
  • ....and Cat wins the award for crappiest weather so far.....glad the fam is safe m'dear...traveling those conditions is arduous and scary for everybody....plus, whew!....injured pride heals, glad it was nothing more....our day here is like a cross between Marsha's, Kurb's and Irish's....that's Ohio for ya, a meteorological derivative....
    catKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaNeesy
  • It was overcast and raining this morning but it's clearing up... 10C/50F...

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirMarsha
  • Notaro said:
    It was overcast and raining this morning but it's clearing up... 10C/50F...

That house looks like it's had a hard night out on the terps. 
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTcatKurbenMarsha
  • ,,,,first shot looks like the Eye of Sauron is trying to manifest Flakes....
    FlakeNoirNotarocatKurbenHedda GablerMarsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ,,,,first shot looks like the Eye of Sauron is trying to manifest Flakes....
    That was sitting right about above my house so.... pretty accurate. 

NotarocatGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerMarsha
  • An absolutely fabulous fall day here today. The grass is green, the leaves are red and yellow and the sky is blue. The sun is pouring down and its about 11 C. The last fall flowers is slowly saying goodbye. A perfect weather for a walk. An opinion i obviously shared with many others.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • ...weather cooled dramatically here....gonna throw up the windows(not in a hairball kinda way, mind you) and let Mama Natures breath blow the stale out.....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerMarsha
  • Overcast, started raining shortly after I took this snap, generally crappy day... 14C/57F....

KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarsha
  • ...Tracy and Sis took a mother/daughter vacation this past week, and left 89 degree weather yesterday to come home to a dampish 60 degrees here....to say they're less than thrilled is a colossal understatement...coss, it's better than poor old Cat's snowdrift paradise....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroMarsha
  • Ahhhhh.... 

NotaroKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • Rainy day here..... 9 C. I'm envious, Flake!!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • ....yep, even the pups feel the goodness in the sunshine.....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerMarsha
  • Kurben said:
    Rainy day here..... 9 C. I'm envious, Flake!!
    Rain-deer funny
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerMarshaNeesy