Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

MUSIC!

Comments

• Notaro said:

You make it hard to give a reaction.  A couple of those would get a thumb's up and of course, one would get the award for Best New Holy Shit.
    Let me guess Hedda, song number 2
    ......... - 16 - "Throw In The Towel" gets the holy shit award😁
    FlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • ghost19 said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    Didn't know there was an actual video to this new AC/DC song. I love these guys. The lead singer, Brian Johnson, is 73 years old, Angus Young is 65 years old. How friggin' cool are these guys to be out still doing their thing?

....I marvel at Brian's leather lungs and Angus's string shredding......

For damn sure. My hat is off to the whole band. They know what they're good at and they've mastered it. I thought after Brian Johnson's hearing issues the last couple of years and Malcolm Young passing away that they may have thrown in the towel, and I would not have begrudged them if they did. Then, when 2020 seems to be nothing but a complete shit show from January to December, here comes a new album from AC/DC...lol. You gotta like that.
    ...Brian's resolution of his hearing problem is still a guarded secret....he had to sign a non-disclosure, I'm guessing it's a proprietary issue....thank Gan it happened though!...he is just tickled to be able to "hear the lads play a little again".....
    ghost19FlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • ghost19 said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    I am very happy to see these guys back to doing what they do so very well....lol

....well worth the buy old hoss!!.......

Did you ever have any interactions with AC/DC in your DJ days sir?
    ...no sir.....they're one of the ones that got away.....it would have definitely been a feather in my beanie.....

I can imagine. I've been a fan my whole life but never got a chance to see them live, which I hear they are one of the best bands ever to see live. Speaking of an earlier post, i did get to see ZZ Top a couple of times live and I don't think I've seen a band be able to sound almost exactly like they do on their albums. You can just see the road experience, camaraderie, and all three guys knowing exactly what comes next on every note of every song. One thing I was surprised about watching ZZ Top was that on top of being a stellar vocalist for their music, Billy Gibbons is one HELLUVA guitarist. He did a couple of solos during the concert, which just blew everyone away. It was impressive.
    ...I have seen both, and they are bands that amazingly don't deviate from their studio sounds....they are that pure....you should check out some of Billy's solo stuff....damn fine blues albums....
    FlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    Didn't know there was an actual video to this new AC/DC song. I love these guys. The lead singer, Brian Johnson, is 73 years old, Angus Young is 65 years old. How friggin' cool are these guys to be out still doing their thing?

....I marvel at Brian's leather lungs and Angus's string shredding......

For damn sure. My hat is off to the whole band. They know what they're good at and they've mastered it. I thought after Brian Johnson's hearing issues the last couple of years and Malcolm Young passing away that they may have thrown in the towel, and I would not have begrudged them if they did. Then, when 2020 seems to be nothing but a complete shit show from January to December, here comes a new album from AC/DC...lol. You gotta like that.
    ...Brian's resolution of his hearing problem is still a guarded secret....he had to sign a non-disclosure, I'm guessing it's a proprietary issue....thank Gan it happened though!...he is just tickled to be able to "hear the lads play a little again".....

Wow, I didn't know that. Maybe some new hearing tech or something like that? Either way, I agree, glad whatever it was worked.
    FlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • I saw ZZ top in concert and you guys are right. Sounded just like their albums, radio play.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    That was so gentle and pretty.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT

• GNTLGNT said:
    That second guy had quite a range on him. Great song.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    This band was interesting. Artistic.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    This band was interesting. Artistic.
    The singer is Jello Biafra former vocalist with The Dead Kennedys. 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • That was so sweet and lovely.   I particularly liked the bird’s eye view of him surrounded by all those gorgeous  instruments.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    Okay, I 'like' emojieed these before while I was a little busy and just came back and listened properly to them now. (while reading the lyrics on Google--let me say, this can sometimes be a blessing--and other times... an education. :D )

Really Irish? (#2: Can God Fill Teeth) Two sleeps before I go in to have dental work in what is sure to be a traumatic experience... and I now have these thoughts and wonderings to help me pass the time. Good God.  :# :D 
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNT

• GNTLGNT said:
    Right? A hellova range... incredible. 
  • Found this Deejers... :D 

• Notaro said:

Love Ben's music, it transports you. (I wonder if he got some of his ink done while he was here? They look like Maori designs.) 
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    Okay, I 'like' emojieed these before while I was a little busy and just came back and listened properly to them now. (while reading the lyrics on Google--let me say, this can sometimes be a blessing--and other times... an education. :D )

Really Irish? (#2: Can God Fill Teeth) Two sleeps before I go in to have dental work in what is sure to be a traumatic experience... and I now have these thoughts and wonderings to help me pass the time. Good God.  :# :D 
    In my defence I've........ eh... no wait, I've got nothing sorry😁
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited November 2020
    Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

In my defence I've........ eh... no wait, I've got nothing sorry😁
    If I need counseling after my appointment, I'm sending you the bill. :D 
    (And I don't like your chances actually, even the dental bill will likely send me to therapy. :D )
    NotaroGNTLGNT

• GNTLGNT said:
    ...Tim Foust is with the all vocal band Home Free, that I post frequently....check this out...

NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir