Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

MUSIC!

Comments

• ghost19 said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    I am very happy to see these guys back to doing what they do so very well....lol

....well worth the buy old hoss!!.......

Did you ever have any interactions with AC/DC in your DJ days sir?
    ...no sir.....they're one of the ones that got away.....it would have definitely been a feather in my beanie.....
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gablerghost19
  • ...Notaro said that maybe I might tackle a review on PWRUP......never done one, but in brief-if a casual fan glides this disc into their player, they won't find anything with a "DAMN" factor....it's a slick crash, bang, pow amalgamation of Aussie kick ass rock....BUT to the true AC/DC "mate" it is a heartfelt tribute to Malcolm as it was intended....several tracks I would consider "filler" material that would be typical for any full length CD/LP....fun and loud, but nothing special......however there are three I would suggest giving special consideration and that have single potential....these in addition to the first release and number one hit Shot In The Dark:

"Kick You When You're Down"

"Demon Fire"

"Witch's Spell"

.....each has the tried & true element of down and dirty boogie with Angus's metal axe leading the charge, and BJ's vocals are a sound for sore ears.....these aren't anthemic numbers like Back in Black or Highway to Hell, but they get the job done....and after all, isn't that why we lay out the cash?.....enjoy......
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...Notaro said that maybe I might tackle a review on PWRUP......never done one, but in brief-if a casual fan glides this disc into their player, they won't find anything with a "DAMN" factor....it's a slick crash, bang, pow amalgamation of Aussie kick ass rock....BUT to the true AC/DC "mate" it is a heartfelt tribute to Malcolm as it was intended....several tracks I would consider "filler" material that would be typical for any full length CD/LP....fun and loud, but nothing special......however there are three I would suggest giving special consideration and that have single potential....these in addition to the first release and number one hit Shot In The Dark:

"Demon Fire"

"Witch's Spell"

.....each has the tried & true element of down and dirty boogie with Angus's metal axe leading the charge, and BJ's vocals are a sound for sore ears.....these aren't anthemic numbers like Back in Black or Highway to Hell, but they get the job done....and after all, isn't that why we lay out the cash?.....enjoy......
    Thank you Scott, I haven't heard the album yet but I am looking forward to it. I appreciate you taking the time to give us a review of it😎. It sounds like it's similar in style to Rock Or Bust? 
    FlakeNoirHedda Gablerghost19
  • Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ...Notaro said that maybe I might tackle a review on PWRUP......never done one, but in brief-if a casual fan glides this disc into their player, they won't find anything with a "DAMN" factor....it's a slick crash, bang, pow amalgamation of Aussie kick ass rock....BUT to the true AC/DC "mate" it is a heartfelt tribute to Malcolm as it was intended....several tracks I would consider "filler" material that would be typical for any full length CD/LP....fun and loud, but nothing special......however there are three I would suggest giving special consideration and that have single potential....these in addition to the first release and number one hit Shot In The Dark:

"Demon Fire"

"Witch's Spell"

Thank you Scott, I haven't heard the album yet but I am looking forward to it. I appreciate you taking the time to give us a review of it😎. It sounds like it's similar in style to Rock Or Bust? 
    ....yessir!.....that would be a good way to look at it.....errr listen to it....oh hell, ya know what I mean....
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:

"Demon Fire"

"Witch's Spell"

....yessir!.....that would be a good way to look at it.....errr listen to it....oh hell, ya know what I mean....
    I'll get to it,  I just haven't gotten around to ordering it yet 🙂
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:

"Demon Fire"

"Witch's Spell"

Very nice write-up Scott.  
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Cool Deejers...  I know how much you love the Foo. 
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Didn't know there was an actual video to this new AC/DC song. I love these guys. The lead singer, Brian Johnson, is 73 years old, Angus Young is 65 years old. How friggin' cool are these guys to be out still doing their thing?

FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • ghost19 said:
    Didn't know there was an actual video to this new AC/DC song. I love these guys. The lead singer, Brian Johnson, is 73 years old, Angus Young is 65 years old. How friggin' cool are these guys to be out still doing their thing?

....I marvel at Brian's leather lungs and Angus's string shredding......
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirghost19
  • Vincent Price  -  Night Of The Wolf

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    Didn't know there was an actual video to this new AC/DC song. I love these guys. The lead singer, Brian Johnson, is 73 years old, Angus Young is 65 years old. How friggin' cool are these guys to be out still doing their thing?

....I marvel at Brian's leather lungs and Angus's string shredding......

For damn sure. My hat is off to the whole band. They know what they're good at and they've mastered it. I thought after Brian Johnson's hearing issues the last couple of years and Malcolm Young passing away that they may have thrown in the towel, and I would not have begrudged them if they did. Then, when 2020 seems to be nothing but a complete shit show from January to December, here comes a new album from AC/DC...lol. You gotta like that.
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    I am very happy to see these guys back to doing what they do so very well....lol

...no sir.....they're one of the ones that got away.....it would have definitely been a feather in my beanie.....

I can imagine. I've been a fan my whole life but never got a chance to see them live, which I hear they are one of the best bands ever to see live. Speaking of an earlier post, i did get to see ZZ Top a couple of times live and I don't think I've seen a band be able to sound almost exactly like they do on their albums. You can just see the road experience, camaraderie, and all three guys knowing exactly what comes next on every note of every song. One thing I was surprised about watching ZZ Top was that on top of being a stellar vocalist for their music, Billy Gibbons is one HELLUVA guitarist. He did a couple of solos during the concert, which just blew everyone away. It was impressive.
  • ghost19 said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:

I can imagine. I've been a fan my whole life but never got a chance to see them live, which I hear they are one of the best bands ever to see live. Speaking of an earlier post, i did get to see ZZ Top a couple of times live and I don't think I've seen a band be able to sound almost exactly like they do on their albums. You can just see the road experience, camaraderie, and all three guys knowing exactly what comes next on every note of every song. One thing I was surprised about watching ZZ Top was that on top of being a stellar vocalist for their music, Billy Gibbons is one HELLUVA guitarist. He did a couple of solos during the concert, which just blew everyone away. It was impressive.
    AC/DC are an amazing live act, I've seen them a few times and I've never been disappointed. They give 100% every time. Only saw ZZ Top once, they did an open air show on the Eliminator tour. They were brilliant. 
    ghost19Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    ghost19 said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:

AC/DC are an amazing live act, I've seen them a few times and I've never been disappointed. They give 100% every time. Only saw ZZ Top once, they did an open air show on the Eliminator tour. They were brilliant. 

I saw them in 1987 or '88 on the Afterburner tour then about ten years ago here in Fayetteville during our annual Bikes, Blues, and BBQ festival. Those guys don't miss a trick live.
  • edited November 2020
    Notaro said:

You make it hard to give a reaction.  A couple of those would get a thumb's up and of course, one would get the award for Best New Holy Shit.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT