Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Tut, tut, looks like rain -- or sunshine or storms.....

Comments

• Notaro said:
    Out walking earlier, quite nice out...

....you're starting to scare me bro......
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Beautiful snaps Flakes, that second last one is so tranquil. 
    ....makes me want to lay in the water and wrestle a stick......
    NotaroKurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • Another hot day, I think today was the last day of summer.

NotaroKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • More beautiful snaps Flakes. 😎
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    More beautiful snaps Flakes. 😎
    Soon they may become more like Ireland with the changing of the season. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • I hope not, Irish weather is enough to wear down even the toughest mentality. 
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • Mine will never be as interesting as yours, I have to show off with sunshine because I'm to chicken to post landmarks. ☺😁
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • Beautiful day, 10C/50F... don't panic Scott it's not a UFO it's just the sun...

KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • edited February 2021
    Just a week after the Deep Freeze I now have my office ceiling fan on to cool down and trying to resist the temptation to switch over to the A/C.  We will be getting down to the 40s a couple of nights this coming week.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • It smells like spring here. Still no sight of it but its something in the air.....
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    More beautiful snaps Flakes. 😎
    Soon they may become more like Ireland with the changing of the season. 
    ...a wet stick is a wet stick..... :D :D
    NotaroFlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • edited February 2021
    Notaro said:
    Beautiful day, 10C/50F... don't panic Scott it's not a UFO it's just the sun...

....BS!.....it's aliens over a boneyard!!!..... :#
    H R Giger 1940 - 2014 - Find A Grave Photos  Hr giger Hr giger  Giger art
  • Kurben said:
    It smells like spring here. Still no sight of it but its something in the air.....
    Epic Funny Comments Memes Pictures Something In The Air
  • Notaro said:
    Beautiful day, 10C/50F... don't panic Scott it's not a UFO it's just the sun...

I need more info on the graveyard shot.  Tidbits of history or stories?  That place is packed.  You roll over and you are right on top  of someone. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaroMarshaNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    It's a beautiful night, 6C/42F... 

Wow - that is a great picture!

NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Another beautiful day, 3C/37F...

FlakeNoirNeesyHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarsha
  • It's about minus 15 here today but it's not as bad as yesterday which was minus 21 - lots of sunshine at least!

FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Notaro said:
    Another beautiful day, 3C/37F...

....you moved and didn't tell us didntja????.......
    FlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • .....yep, need more info on the graveyard bro.....I'm guessing this is a normal interment plan there.....here we have graves close together, but not so shinbone to jawbone......

FlakeNoirHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • Our graveyard's look like this too for the most part. Maybe it's because our countries don't have a lot of land mass? So graveyard real estate is at a premium? 
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Our graveyard's look like this too for the most part. Maybe it's because our countries don't have a lot of land mass? So graveyard real estate is at a premium? 
    ....very true, hadn't considered acreage.....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • One of the excavations that i liked most was a graveyard from medieval times. I cant remember how many graves we dug up, sketched, photoed and measured before moving them just to find a new layer of graves under the first one.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    One of the excavations that i liked most was a graveyard from medieval times. I cant remember how many graves we dug up, sketched, photoed and measured before moving them just to find a new layer of graves under the first one.
    ....fascinating glimpses like that have to be the biggest rewards.......
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenMarshaNeesy
  • edited March 2021
    Cemeteries, graveyards are historical places. Where my dad is buried, very spread out, well maintained and there is an old section separate from newer. 

In the photo nb shared, it appeared to have old and new headstones, but can’t really be sure of that given the irish weather, i’m sure that is a lot of wear on markers.  But it also looked maintained, but close quarters. That could be due to what flake said: real estate.

Also, they appear to all have a boundary of stone around them which we don’t have at my dad’s place. But that might be different cemetery regulations, or maybe regional. I mean, obviously geography and geology plays a part in burials (above ground because of water table etc....). I do have a cousin whose daughter is buried in a cemetery where stone outlines are in place and people decorate those graves quite elaborately. Customs are interesting. 

I’ve commented in the what are you watching thread that i pay  close attention to my foreign shows when they show graveyards and burial services.  It’s one of the things i love about the show The Casketeers set in NZ. I learn about people and customs that teach me more about myself. 
    FlakeNoirKurbenMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Cemeteries, graveyards are historical places. Where my dad is buried, very spread out, well maintained and there is an old section separate from newer. 

In the photo nb shared, it appeared to have old and new headstones, but can’t really be sure of that given the irish weather, i’m sure that is a lot of wear on markers.  But it also looked maintained, but close quarters. That could be due to what flake said: real estate.

Also, they appear to all have a boundary of stone around them which we don’t have at my dad’s place. But that might be different cemetery regulations, or maybe regional. I mean, obviously geography and geology plays a part in burials (above ground because of water table etc....). I do have a cousin whose daughter is buried in a cemetery where stone outlines are in place and people decorate those graves quite elaborately. Customs are interesting. 

I’ve commented in the what are you watching thread that i pay  close attention to my foreign shows when they show graveyards and burial services.  It’s one of the things i love about the show The Casketeers set in NZ. I learn about people and customs that teach me more about myself. 
    They sure are! From a period that is called The Older Ironage in sweden (500 bc -500 AD) there was a custum among those with nice graves to have a marker in the middle that would tell if it was a man or a woman lying there. A rounded big stone showed it was a woman and a slightly more erect shaped stone marked a man. These markers, when there, was always accurate. And they had preferences for where to place their graveyards too. I can often, when in a place in sweden i havent been in before, just look and figure out where the graveyard ought to be. I'm almost always right. They arent visible anymore but the location and perhaps a line that appear a little unnatural gives it away. Occupational sickness....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy