Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

MUSIC!

Comments

• Notaro said:

.....hell yeah!!.......
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • edited August 2020
    The Mercury Theatre - The Count Of Monte Cristo

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • edited August 2020
    Notaro said:

You post a very eclectic bunch of musical/theatrical selections.  Songs I haven't thought about in years!  Thanks for expanding my horizons.
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Notaro said:

You post a very eclectic bunch of musical/theatrical selections.  Songs I haven't thought about in years!  Thanks for expanding my horizons.
    Glad you're enjoying them Hedda, 😎🙂
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Notaro said:

....same way I came up bro.......from The Shadow Radio Drama to music in ALL fields.....I have 'harvested" some interesting crops.....

FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaroNeesy
  • edited August 2020
    Lux Radio Theatre - Wuthering Heights

FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Notaro said:

Oh to the hell yeah.

Way back in the day, in the olden times, a bunch of us message board people would call in to Steve's radio station and request songs.

Copperhead Road is the song I would call and request over and over again.  I think the DJs actually sighed every time I got through.  But they always played it.

I took Mandolin lessons so I love the mandolin in this.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Notaro said:

Oh to the hell yeah.

Way back in the day, in the olden times, a bunch of us message board people would call in to Steve's radio station and request songs.

Copperhead Road is the song I would call and request over and over again.  I think the DJs actually sighed every time I got through.  But they always played it.

I took Mandolin lessons so I love the mandolin in this.
    I still associate Copperhead Road with you! Those were some fun times, yeah? 💚
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • I worked part time in a record shop from '83 to 2010, every Saturday morning the blues, country, rock guys would come in and from 9.30am till 11am that's all that would be played, Steve Earl, Bo Diddley, Johnny Winter, Howlin' Wolf, BB King......well I'm sure you get the picture, that's where I first heard all this stuff. After 11am it was thrash all the way. 🤘
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • edited August 2020
    GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    Notaro said:

....same way I came up bro.......from The Shadow Radio Drama to music in ALL fields.....I have 'harvested" some interesting crops.....

Love me some Primus, loved the fact that their debut album was a live album, I'd never heard of a band doing that before😄.   Les Claypool (Bass, Vocals) and Larry LaLonde (Guitar) were in two bands before Primus, probably not your cup of tea Scott but they kicked the crap outta me...

LaLonde was in Possessed and both LaLonde and Claypool were in Blind Illusion. 

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:

Haven't heard any Outlaws in a long time - thanks!

NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited August 2020
    Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    Notaro said:

Love me some Primus, loved the fact that their debut album was a live album, I'd never heard of a band doing that before😄.   Les Claypool (Bass, Vocals) and Larry LaLonde (Guitar) were in two bands before Primus, probably not your cup of tea Scott but they kicked the crap outta me...

LaLonde was in Possessed and both LaLonde and Claypool were in Blind Illusion. 

....my cup of tea runs deep....I like those cuts and their guitar playing definitely has a Primus feel.....you're right, can't think of anyone else off-hand that debuted with a live album.....
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • edited August 2020

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited August 2020

GNTLGNTNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    okay. holy s***.  The power of Christ compels you.

:D  :D :D :D :D
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    okay. holy s***.  The power of Christ compels you.

:D  :D :D :D :D
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy