Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

MUSIC!

Comments

• C.B.S Mystery Radio Theatre  -  Murders In The Rue Morgue 

FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • A band I've seen in concert more than once. Once with Roger Hodgson (1979, Breakfast in America) and later without (1985, Cannonball)
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • For Flakes...

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Notaro said:
    For Flakes...

Thank you so much @Notaro, this absolutely made my night. I love our David, he was such an incredible man. <3 
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • BBC Radio - The Lair Of The White Worm

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I'm in a Yes/Jon Anderson state of mind today

NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirOut of OrderGNTLGNT
  • I'm in a Yes/Jon Anderson state of mind today

Bev ... YES is my favourite band. :) Favourite album?
    Out of OrderGNTLGNT
  • Big Generator. We saw them in concert a couple of years ago. No Anderson but they were still pretty great. I also like Jon and Vangelis, who came out with Friends of Mr. Cairo when I was in college.
    Out of OrderFlakeNoirNotaroEdwardJohnGNTLGNT
  • First Yes concert was in 1976 at Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City. Classic lineup except Patrick Moraz was on keys instead of Rick Wakeman. They had laser lighting as part of the show that apparently raised hell over in NYC bouncing off the buildings. Closed with The Beatles classic I’m Down. Anderson came out hours before the show and did a solo set as part of the sound check. Played some Olias and Tales. Then threw watermelon slices out into the crowd. The thirty or so thousand already there appreciated it. Ha! General admission show so you had to get there early...lol. I’ll never forget it...
    FlakeNoirNotaroEdwardJohnGNTLGNT
  • Big Generator. We saw them in concert a couple of years ago. No Anderson but they were still pretty great. I also like Jon and Vangelis, who came out with Friends of Mr. Cairo when I was in college.
    The first Jon Anderson solo album is just as good as any Yes album in my opinion, if you like Jon and Vangelis then you should check it out. Also, Jon actually wanted Vangelis to be the keyboardist in Yes after Rick Wakeman, but it didn't work out, when Vangelis met Steve Howe, he supposedly said something like "the electric guitar is not a real instrument". Not the best way to introduce yourself to a new band. Also, Hanz Zimmer was considered for Yes as well. 
    Out of OrderGNTLGNT
  • First Yes concert was in 1976 at Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City. Classic lineup except Patrick Moraz was on keys instead of Rick Wakeman. They had laser lighting as part of the show that apparently raised hell over in NYC bouncing off the buildings. Closed with The Beatles classic I’m Down. Anderson came out hours before the show and did a solo set as part of the sound check. Played some Olias and Tales. Then threw watermelon slices out into the crowd. The thirty or so thousand already there appreciated it. Ha! General admission show so you had to get there early...lol. I’ll never forget it...
    Was that the Relayor tour? And did they play Gates of Delerium, my favourite Yes song, if you remember, of course. :)
    Out of OrderGNTLGNT
  • The first Jon Anderson solo album is just as good as any Yes album in my opinion, if you like Jon and Vangelis then you should check it out. Also, Jon actually wanted Vangelis to be the keyboardist in Yes after Rick Wakeman, but it didn't work out, when Vangelis met Steve Howe, he supposedly said something like "the electric guitar is not a real instrument". Not the best way to introduce yourself to a new band. Also, Hanz Zimmer was considered for Yes as well. 
    I have "Song of Seven" and "In the City of Angels."
    EdwardJohnHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • The first Jon Anderson solo album is just as good as any Yes album in my opinion, if you like Jon and Vangelis then you should check it out. Also, Jon actually wanted Vangelis to be the keyboardist in Yes after Rick Wakeman, but it didn't work out, when Vangelis met Steve Howe, he supposedly said something like "the electric guitar is not a real instrument". Not the best way to introduce yourself to a new band. Also, Hanz Zimmer was considered for Yes as well. 
    I have "Song of Seven" and "In the City of Angels."
    Excellent albums. :)
  • I love The Goon Show! There is one I adore, but I couldn't name the title, apart from some of the script, which I can't accurately quote:

Bluebottle (Peter Sellars): Eccles.., what is the time, Eccles?
    Eccles (Spike Milligan): It is 8 o'clock - I have it writted down on this piece of paper. When it is 8 o'clock, I show them this piece of paper.
    Bluebottle: Ohhhh... what if it isn't 8 o'clock?
    Eccles: Then I don't show them this piece of paper.

:D 
    Was that the Relayor tour? And did they play Gates of Delerium, my favourite Yes song, if you remember, of course. :)
    Relayer tour was the previous year, this tour was dubbed the “Solo Albums Tour” and Yes they played Gates. Anderson did a harp solo thing with hints of Olias in it and Moraz did some of his solo album “I.” Howe did The Clap as his solo piece.
    Hedda GablerEdwardJohnFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Okay.  This lead singer scared the s**t out of me.

:D 

NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited July 2020
    Notaro said:

Right... okay, let me just say... when I come across some music I don't know, I Google the band and the lyrics.
    Yes, I just Googled "Moist Push".
    Right. Uh-huh. 

[faints] 
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Hedda, Flakes, you guys seriously crack me up 😂🤣😆
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • BBC Radio  -  Don't Look Now 

by Daphne Du Maurier