Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

MUSIC!

Comments

• ...for Betty.....

NotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    This is incredible, how do people do this? It seems to defy gravity. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    When it comes to dancing the old school musicals are a goldmine!! And i do appreciate good dancing.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • ...indeed, such hard work to make it look so easy.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Kurben said:
    To have that kind of control of your body, the muscle and dexterity to make it all look so effortless. Just beautiful human form. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenNotaro
  • Kurben said:
    To have that kind of control of your body, the muscle and dexterity to make it all look so effortless. Just beautiful human form. 
    They were seen by Fred Astaire, Michail Baryshnikov and Gregory Hines, all fantastic dancers as the most amazing dancers ever. Looking at that number i understand why.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • ....and here they are with my man Glenn.....

KurbenNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....and here they are with my man Glenn.....

When i see them go down in their splits it almost hurts. How can they just go right up again without even touching the floor with their hands? Its like their muscles were rubber bands that automatically retain their normal stance after being stretched out to the max. 
    GNTLGNTNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • ...they are masterful.....the amount of work that went into making it look that easy and graceful.....
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • The sad thing is that, because of racial prejudice, they were never leads or very important to the plot in the movies they made in the 30,s and 40,s. They were a kind of guest star that could easily be cut without affecting the plot too much if the audience were deemed to be race hostile (mainly in some southern states). After their dancing career was mainly over they founded a dance school. Some of the students were Michael Jackson and his sister Janet. With many others of todays best tap dancers. So their impact on dancing is still felt.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • ...and here's the "hoofer" White championed...always elegant.....

Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • One of the best female tap dancers was Ann Miller

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    One of the best female tap dancers was Ann Miller

The old hoofer. 🤣
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...and here's the "hoofer" White championed...always elegant.....

Southern states didn’t want to show Betty White’s TV show because she had a black man on the show.  They told her to take him off or they wouldn’t carry her program. 

Betty basically said “f*k you” with those sweet little dimples. 
    KurbenNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...and here's the "hoofer" White championed...always elegant.....

He's so light, it's like he's barely touching the floor at all! Beautiful. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • ...Irish?.....I don't think those are tap-dancers........ :D :D :D
    NotaroKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • ....these kids are gifted.....

NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir