Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Live Eagle Cam — Big Bear, California

1121314151618»

Comments

• September 14, 2024 3:05 am

Big Bear got orders to evacuate.. a 34 yr old man was arrested the other evening.. He has been charged for setting 3 separate fires, in the Line fire..has 9 felony charges cited against him,, they are also investigating if he set any other fires. Goes to court next Fri..we are now having cooler weather and that is helping some contain ment

Smoke still being seen in the nesting area.

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • FL cams installed

• Jackie and Shadow visits…plus fire update…
    Yesterday either Jackie or Shadow spent over an hour in the mid-afternoon in their favorite Roost Tree, just hanging out watching around the neighborhood…until they flew off to check on other things…or maybe to grab an early dinner from the lake.
    …then Shadow came to the Roost Tree in the evening and spent the night. It wasn’t known that it was Shadow until this morning when he let out a few ‘distinctly Shadow’ chortles.
    Over the past few days, either Jackie or Shadow has one at a time spent the night on the Roost Tree or stopped by either the Lookout Snag in the morning or the Stick Depot Snag in the evening. Because of the distance, it is not possible to tell which one it is on those trees unless they announce it by the uniquely different sounds in their chortles.
    The Line Fire, southwest of Big Bear Valley, has burned over 38,000 acres but thankfully is now 36% contained. And in a positive direction, the mandatory evacuation of a small portion of Big Bear has been moved from mandatory back to only warning level.---We are continuing our grateful Thank You’s to all the amazing fire men and women working to contain this fire and keep us all safe!!
    Even though there are some winds you can hear on the eagle cam, and the valley may continue to look smoky, even as the flames die away, the weather is staying cooler and wetter, with possible rain predicted later today or tomorrow. You can also hear the helicopters working around the clock to pick up water from the lake and drop it on the fire.
    We will keep watching for visits from Jackie and Shadow and let you know about any major updates. Thank you all very much for your caring and positive thoughts about Jackie and Shadow and our forest!
    Sandy
  • Both of our eagles have returned to the nest and have been working on restoring it already. I have received word that the camera work in the tree has been completed and that the cameras have been tested and are ready to go. They may--not for sure--but may go live as early as tomorrow, Sept. 17th. I have set up these blank posts for me to fill in later but will unlock the thread for your observations if the cams are turned on. Thank you all---and happy season 13!! Keep watching the new SWFEC thread! 

D

https://dickpritchettrealestate.com/southwest-florida-eagle-cam/?cam=1#google_vignette